Driving Miss Kacey

by Kay~Kacey on 1/12/2009

So, we’re on a great adventure! We’re driving my parents’ car out to Palm Desert, California for them. You remember Palm Desert from last year, right? My parents winter out there. They are flying out (lucky ducks), and we’re taking their car out there for them…by way of Houston and the wedding.

A Cadillac.

cadillac

Like driving a big boat down the highway.

cadillac seats

I swear, it’s like sitting on a sofa as you ride down the highway. Maybe more comfortable than my sofa…

door controls

There are lots of controls on this car.

steering wheel buttons

Lots of them. Lots. We have to look up some of them in the Cadillac book though…

dash information

It thoughtfully told us our tire pressure was wrong. Only it wasn’t too much pressure we found out…it was way over inflated…by the Cadillac Dealer who had just serviced the car for my dad. How special.

Oh, and the best part of the car? It comes complete with its own snacks…

cadillac snacks

Remember, if you don’t see me one day this week, it means we couldn’t find internet, but I’ll be back everyday I can find it!

Flea January 12, 2009 at 5:40 am

Oh what fun!!! Come back in one piece. That’s a needless thing to say, you being in a Cadillac and all. :wink:

Amy January 12, 2009 at 8:03 am

My 84-year-old-dad drives a pretty new Caddy, and he has only recently learned all the bells and whistles. It IS pure luxury. Now if he only had those snacks … his car didn’t come equipped with them for some reason!

Mental P Mama January 12, 2009 at 8:41 am

You and Super Guy look like grown ups in that car!

iPost January 12, 2009 at 8:52 am

My car also tells when the tire pressure is off. As a matter of fact, that light is bright orange right now! I need to have hubby figure out which one is the culprit!

Nancy in Atlanta January 12, 2009 at 10:04 am

What fun! I love road trips. Post lots of pictures – my oldest niece lives in Palm Dessert and I’ve never been there!

Nancy in Atlanta

Cathy January 12, 2009 at 10:47 am

Looks like you’ve got a luxurious road trip in store. Have fun and keep us posted.

Tori Lennox January 12, 2009 at 11:11 am

I’m so jealous of your going to the desert!

Kelly Boyce January 12, 2009 at 1:11 pm

Wow – that is SOME car! Hope the travels go well.

Kate January 12, 2009 at 7:16 pm

Posh travelling style!

Rene January 12, 2009 at 8:35 pm

My boss had a nice Caddy. Every once in a while I’d borrow it when I went out to lunch just so I could race the crap out of it down the street. GM puts a nice motor in those things.

BTW, California is awesome right now. It was about 80 today.

Shirley January 13, 2009 at 3:15 pm

I spent a week in Palm Desert once. We flew into the Palm Springs airport. Open air terminal. It was neat. We stayed at the Radison in Palm Desert.

Went up on the mountain, but we can’t remember the name of the mountain. It was really cool too.

Ate at the Blue Coyotte. It was a blast. Saw the Betty Ford Center and from a distance Bob Hopes house. The most interesting thing was the wind turbines. I’d only seen them in pictures.

Enjoy your trip.