The Last Leg

by Kay~Kacey on 1/17/2009

Yep, we finally made it to the last leg of the trip…

cactus skyline

Still traveling on Highway 10…but in New Mexico. Lots of cactus.

ipod music

SuperGuy did most of the driving…but I did the important stuff. Like fiddled with the ipod to keep us in tunes.

iphone maps

….using the iphone and its maps to find our way. (I’m going to do a whole post on using the iphone on a road trip. Later. After we get home. But, oh my gosh, it tells you everything. From where the hotels are, where to eat… to where to find a car wash!)

new mexico roads

After traveling along the pretty New Mexico roads, we finally saw this…

california state line

We finally, finally saw the California state line! After Missouri, Arkansas, Texas…and more Texas, Arizona? (is that right?), New Mexico and finally California. I can almost taste the brilliance that is Palm Desert…

desert floor

We drop down to the desert floor. The iphone tells me the temperature is 80!! Yes, count ‘em, 80 degrees!!!

To be continued…

Okie Sister January 17, 2009 at 8:51 am

Did you take that first photo?
It’s kind of the opposite of the ones SuperGuy took. :wink:

Amy January 17, 2009 at 9:13 am

Ah … California … I’ve never been. I love the photos. I hope Palm Springs is a blast!

Marcia January 17, 2009 at 9:29 am

What happened to Arizona? I think you must have been napping (that long, straight road can have that effect), but after New Mexico is Arizona, THEN Cahl EEfornEEa!

Mental P Mama January 17, 2009 at 9:39 am

So much fun! I married my iphone last year. It is a blissful union;) Enjoy that weather!

Flea January 17, 2009 at 10:00 am

Eighty degrees! How delightful! Glad to see y’all have reached your destination!

Cathy January 17, 2009 at 10:21 am

Great travelogue! Thanks for letting us tag along.

midwestmom January 17, 2009 at 10:53 am

I love your pictures. Your trip looks like a lot of fun. What are you using to connect your ipod? i’ve got this huge dock that i hate & would like to use something smaller.

Kacey January 17, 2009 at 11:11 am

The Caddy has an auxiliary input jack on it. I just bought a cable at Walmart that goes from the stereo headphone jack to the aux input on the Caddy’s radio. We also have a cigarette lighter/charger for the iphone/ipod so we could run it all day.

Suzanne January 17, 2009 at 11:34 am

80!! Wow. I can’t imagine. It’s below freezing here…..

Tori Lennox January 17, 2009 at 12:09 pm

Yeah, it’s Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, then California. :)

Kate January 17, 2009 at 2:35 pm

When we went to NYC in early December, it was the iPhone that we used to get everywhere. It told us everything, even when we couldn’t remember the name of the actor who starred in “what was the name of the movie with the chimps and the ice cream” and well, I would love an iPhone. And a new zoom lens. And a trip like you’re on.
Love living vicariously through your lens!

Deb January 17, 2009 at 3:42 pm

It’s New Mexico then Arizona then California! I miss Arizona as I have become one with the desert. Really…it is a strange occurance!

Starwoodgal January 19, 2009 at 9:42 am

Color me insanely jealous!