Life in Focus-Open Door

by Kay~Kacey on 1/25/2009

open door

“Sometimes we stare so long at a door that is closing that we see too late the one that is open.”
~~Alexander Graham Bell

I need to remember this quote as my life is changing and the boys are moving on with their own lives. There are a lot of new doors opening. Remind me of this every so often, okay?

Amy January 25, 2009 at 8:49 am

That looks like a door to a now empty room. I have a couple of those myself! Yes, Kacey, doors to open for us, and we must be open to them!

Mental P Mama January 25, 2009 at 12:34 pm

Awww. I am sending you a warm hug this Sunday afternoon….

Chere January 25, 2009 at 12:58 pm

I truly feel your pain. My children are 26 and 22. The 22 is still in school but lives away. This past Christmas was the first one without our daughter. Life is changing and it is not always fun. But new and exciting doors do open. My husband and I are enjoying a wonderful time in our lives. We are traveling and enjoying many new activities. Don’t get me wrong, we do not always see eye to eye but it is fun. And we do have our girls. The three 4-legged babies that have taken over our house.

This Eclectic Life January 25, 2009 at 2:53 pm

Beautiful. And, remember the old saying, “When God closes a door, he opens a window!”

This Eclectic Life January 25, 2009 at 4:30 pm

An award awaits you at my house. Go here

Suzanne January 25, 2009 at 6:52 pm

That’s so true. There’s always another door… Or a window!

Kate January 25, 2009 at 7:05 pm

I think it’s especially difficult when the youngest leaves. It’s the end of an era in your life. And the beginning of another. One really good thing that you’ve got going on is your family. You are such a close-knit bunch. It just amazes me.

Kelly Boyce January 26, 2009 at 2:13 pm