Such a Tough Guy

by Kay~Kacey on 1/27/2009

He tries to pretend that he is such a tough guy.

filling bird feeders

A real man.

finch feeder

But then I worried out loud about the birds. There isn’t any seed in the feeders since we’ve been out of town…

fill the bird feeders

And it’s snowing! The birds are looking at me with soulful, cold, hungry eyes. (Yes, I can tell all that from one quick look. Why do you ask??)

cold cardinal

So SuperGuy goes out and braves the elements to fill up the bird feeders. (It’s not that I’m helpless. I just don’t do cold and snow…)

winter hat

As an aside…why is it, when SuperGuy wears a hat…which he very rarely does…is the hat never covering his ears?? Isn’t that what hats are for? To keep your head and ears warm??

But I digress..

So SuperGuy can claim he’s a tough guy until the cows come home. I KNOW he was worried about our poor little birdies too. :wink: It’s not fair to abandon them in their hour of need!

Tough guy, yeah, right… :roll:

Kate January 27, 2009 at 7:58 am

It’s finally snowing here in Maryland, and even better is the fact that we have a snow day!! No bird seed, however. So I’d better get out to the store before it gets too deep.

Becky January 27, 2009 at 8:46 am

Yeah, I have one of those “tough guys” too. Their ladies only know the truth.
Maybe he’s afraid if he covers his ears he won’t hear you calling for him. You know, they have to be on their toes, just in case they’re needed.

TSannie January 27, 2009 at 8:47 am

Our snow day is coming tomorrow! Yippee!

That cardinal photo is simply breathtaking! I’m so envious of zoom lenses.

Marcia January 27, 2009 at 8:50 am

I don’t know about soulful….that cardinal looks more ticked off to me! Great shot.

Cathy January 27, 2009 at 10:24 am

We’ll never tell! My sports-editor husband has been caught numerous times with a cat on his lap and often smuggles leftover shrimp out of restaurants in “kitty bags.” But you didn’t hear that from me.

Mental P Mama January 27, 2009 at 11:24 am

All the birds in Missouri bow down to Super Guy! :beer:

Deb January 27, 2009 at 11:34 am

How cute! Our big burly men caring for God’s little creatures….great shot of the cardinal

Lynn January 27, 2009 at 11:52 am

Beautiful photographs of hubby and the birds. I also like your cork trivet. Wonderful blog – go boomers. Aren’t we having fun!

Nancy in Atlanta January 27, 2009 at 11:53 am

Awwww! What a man! Love the cardinal – he looks like he’d like a hat….

Gayle January 27, 2009 at 1:37 pm

Yipes, he is a tough guy! He’s got his sleeves rolled up, in the snow! Brrrrr!

Amazing bird shot!

Amy A January 27, 2009 at 1:39 pm

If they weren’t mushy under that tough exterior, would we love them?

Mo January 27, 2009 at 1:41 pm

Gotta luv a manly-man with a softer side! …he’s prob’ly sooo happy that you’ve shared it with all of us! :lol:

Hope you have a great week ahead of you, and try to stay warm!

(Drop by my site when you get a minute…I have something for you!)

mary January 27, 2009 at 8:56 pm

Awwww, he’s such a cutie! Love the cardinal photo, Kacey. :)

superguy January 29, 2009 at 12:03 pm

Nice gloves aren’t they!! found them for 1 dollar!! Thinsulate and warm yet breathable. And they look good too.