Let it Shine

by Kay~Kacey on 1/28/2009

Oh! Look at one of my antiquing finds! Have I shown you this?

antique milk glass lamp

A milk glass lamp. Isn’t it cool? It has two lights in it. One at the top, one in the base. You can turn on either one or both. I heart :love: :love: this lamp. Honest. I would marry it –but I’m already married to SuperGuy!

milk glass lamp

See the lovely flowers, vines, and leaves? SuperGuy checked the wiring and said it was okay so I HAD to have it. I practically STOLE it too! I love a good deal. (I really think the hunt is my favorite part of antiquing!)

Isn’t it wonderful? Let there be light!

iPost January 28, 2009 at 9:10 am

*gasp* Milk glass treasure! :mrgreen: *green with envy*

Kacey January 28, 2009 at 9:34 am

Yes, more milk glass. VERY surprising, isn’t it?? :rofl:

Suzanne January 28, 2009 at 9:56 am

oooh, I’d love to see a pic of it turned on, but I figure that’s hard to photograph.

Amy A January 28, 2009 at 10:54 am

EXCELLENT find.

My gradnmother has a set of milk-glass lamps. They are gorgeous!

Take a picture tonight when it’s turned on in a darkish room!

Melissa Marsh January 28, 2009 at 10:58 am

Beautiful!

WillThink4Wine January 28, 2009 at 1:17 pm

My mother has two very similar lamps on her dresser. The shade has some pale flowers printed on it.

Flea January 28, 2009 at 1:25 pm

It’s gorgeous! My grandmother has oodles of milk glass roosters and hens littering her house. You interested in a milk glass Tom & Jerry punch set? It’s needs a good home.

Is it too late to enter the photo contest? Here’s my link:

It’s the blue truck with icicles photo, three photos down, I think. Maybe the title could be Cold Ranger? Nah. Whatever seems right.

Kate January 28, 2009 at 2:36 pm

We had a lamp like this growing up. Cool find!

mary January 28, 2009 at 6:22 pm

Oooooooooooooooooooooooo

serious case of lamp envy here.

xoxo,
Mary

Treasia/TruckersWife January 28, 2009 at 8:02 pm

Love the milk glass lamp. Very pretty. It’s been years since I seen one. I bet it’s gorgeous lit up.

Sandra January 29, 2009 at 4:40 pm

That is just beautiful!

Laura July 21, 2013 at 7:49 pm

My mother-in-law has one on her dresser! It is beautiful! I wish I knew who made it.

Gina March 13, 2016 at 7:02 pm

I just inherited my grandma’s exactly like this. The bottom lights too!

Carley July 20, 2016 at 6:53 pm

Posts like this brghetin up my day. Thanks for taking the time.

frage autokredit November 3, 2016 at 6:25 am

Hi Lori! I also didn’t like that book much. It isn’t very motivational and to think of food like that just makes a person want to rebel/binge. I put curry and a little brown sugar in my chili.

http://www./ November 4, 2016 at 9:56 pm

Hej hopp!Läst din blogg länge, men aldrig lyckats lämna en kommentar! Så nu är det dags tycker jag ;) ser att ovanstående är inne på samma spår! Ville bara säga att du har en fantastisk blogg och ett fantastiskt yttre!Kan ge mig den på att du har en minst lika fantastisk insida också :)!Kram Amanda

http://www./ November 13, 2016 at 5:51 pm

molto bello però non ho capito quello delle uova…se le mie galline "cagano" uova a gogo nel mio giardino perchè non posso farci una frittata?? =)…sono vegetariano

http://www./ November 14, 2016 at 11:34 pm

Thanks for the tip and the clip, Cloudia :-). I'm new to your blog and have just spent some time browsing through your earlier entries. I've really enjoyed my visit and will be back. You've created a lovely spot for your readers to enjoy.Have a great weekend. Blessings…Mary

Bernetta Bowlin March 29, 2017 at 2:22 pm

Im am looking for a milk glass ivy flower lamp top i have a ball lamp top to trade. i need. Top to match the bottom please if anyone can help or if u know where i can find one

http://www.janganstop.com/ April 23, 2017 at 2:03 pm

Dosazení tohoto slizkého soudruha do funkce ukazuje bídu české politiky, její zparchantÄ›lost a prolhanost, kdy pÅ™ed volbami mají naÅ¡i demokrati plnou hubu keců o prioritÄ› Å¡kolství a nakonec je pustí – byÅ¥ na úrovni kraje – takovéto kreatuÅ™e. Kdo byl na vojnÄ›, ví, co za pakáž byli politruci, ti pohraniční patÅ™ili k nejkovanÄ›jším.