Past Their Prime

by Kay~Kacey on 2/4/2009

NO!! I’m not talking about Baby Boomers!! I’m talking about this lovely bouquet.

old astramaris bouquet

Yes, I know.

sad looking bouquet

It’s a sad little bouquet now, isn’t it?

fallen petals

…with its fallen petals.

dying astarmaria

I just don’t have the heart to throw it away since SuperGuy gave it to me to cheer me up. I’ll say one thing for Astramaris…they sure last a long time!

But I’m still too much of a softee to throw them away. Just toss this willy nilly into the trash. Sigh. Good thing we have a division of duties around here…and SuperGuy’s includes taking out the trash. He’s going to have to deal with these sad flowers. I’m so not gonna watch though! :cry:

(Did you vote in yesterday’s Photo of the Month Contest? Don’t miss the fun!)

Debra Rector February 4, 2009 at 5:55 am

Doughboy is so lucky being married to me. For a lot of reasons. I shun fashion – no shoes for me other than basic black, blue and brown. I buy clothes only when I need them. Jewelry? Nope. Flowers? Definitely not – it’s makes me sad to throw them away. A new accessory for my camera? You’re getting warm. A new lens? Smokin’ hot! Every girl has a soft spot somewhere…finding it is part of the fun :)

WillThink4Wine February 4, 2009 at 6:44 am

Astramaris last forever… almost. You’ve got tho photos and the memories. It’s time to say goodbye now, Kacey!

Suzanne February 4, 2009 at 7:04 am

oh jeez, throw them out, LOL. There’s nothing more depressing than dead flowers!

iPost February 4, 2009 at 9:03 am

*sniff* I hate it when flowers die!

Chere February 4, 2009 at 9:07 am

One of the sweetest thing a husband can do is bring flowers out of the blue. No holiday, birthday, just to cheer you up or say I love you. Good call super guy. It is truly so hard to thrown such a sweet treat away. Say good bye and dump’em.

Tori Lennox February 4, 2009 at 9:41 am

I’m with Suzanne. It’s time for them go to the Big Bouquet in the sky. *g*

Sarah S. February 4, 2009 at 10:30 am

When I get flowers I always wait to throw them away. It makes me sad to see them go. :wink:

Amy A February 4, 2009 at 1:54 pm

I’d be sad looking at dead flowers. Toss ‘em and pin up a nice picture of them from when they were new and pretty.