Take Me Away from Winter

by Kay~Kacey on 2/5/2009

I’m feeling the need to go hide out from winter.

amethyst candle holder

I’m thinking a nice long hot bath, a glass of wine, and some candles. :bath: Lots of candles.

moon cutout candle holder

Doesn’t that sound like a nice way to hide? I’m really a wimp when it comes to winter.

floral candle holder

I. Do. Not. Like. Winter.

snowflake candle holder

As you can see, I’m partial to candle holders that have cutouts. I love to see patterns of light bounce around the room. I keep a box of tealights and votives to plop in the holders. I can see by the photo that the silver snowflake holder needs to be polished. The cute little floral holder definitely needs a new candle! See that amethyst candle holder? I heart that amethyst candle holder. :love: It’s so cool.

Okay, I’ve talked myself into it. I’m off to hide in the bathtub. What do you do to hide from winter?

KathyB. February 5, 2009 at 5:09 am

I am thinking that if it were not so late ( early in the morning ) I would run a hot bath and light some candles and just soak in the warmth and lovliness of it all. We have a jacuzzi tub in the bedroom itself, with a real fireplace to view from the tub. But at this time of the morning my husband is asleep and would not appreciate me indulging in this delight as he has to get up and go to work in 4 hours! Nice candle holders, now youn have also inpired ( guilted ) me to clean them up.

KathyB. February 5, 2009 at 6:26 am

Oh..I see I have not done well in checking my spelling ( above ).To think I pride myself in my spelling abilities and then see I have allowed so many errors. Blame it on my old fingers and the yearning for the warm , candle lit bath your post inspired.

Gabrielle February 5, 2009 at 8:11 am

I wear bright clothing and light delicious candles and invite friends over for wine and pizza nights and make sure I laugh a lot. I leave up the Christmas lights and, when we’re lucky enough to have snow, I run out into it. I order great homemade items off Etsy and meet fabulous sellers who brighten my day. I sing “Midnight At The Oasis” loudly in the streets. In fact, this winter has been an absolute breeze!

WillThink4Wine February 5, 2009 at 8:28 am

I cozy up to a nice, big, red wine! mmmmm :lips:

Becky February 5, 2009 at 8:56 am

I also, don’t like winter. Well, I don’t like cold. Winter wouldn’t be too bad somewhere a little further south.
I don’t escape winter, I have to face it head on. With feeding the critters and other outdoor farm struff that needs to be done.

Mental P Mama February 5, 2009 at 9:06 am

I cannot live without my candles. :razz:

TSannie February 5, 2009 at 9:22 am

Love that amethyst candle holder! I’m a winter–lover…well, I could use a large vat of moisture lotion for the old dry skin that seems to get worse every year. :wallbash:

Spread Your Wings February 5, 2009 at 10:11 am

i actually enjoy winter but I live in the south so it’s not brutal. I enjoy sitting in front of a nice fire with a good book and cup of earl grey tea.

Melissa Marsh February 5, 2009 at 11:04 am

I LOVE winter! I love the snow and curling up on the couch in front of the fireplace. Problem is, winter is not loving me right now because all our snow is gone and we’re not getting any more!!!

Amy A February 5, 2009 at 11:17 am

I stay inside in front of the fire.

Sandra February 5, 2009 at 12:55 pm

I absolutely love taking a long, soaking bath, but I’ve found out that there are lots of people who just don’t “get” them. When we moved to this house, the people we were buying it from told us that they had only used the Jacuzzi tub once or twice in the 10 years they’d lived here! Boy, did that change. In the 5 years we’ve lived here, I have used it every week, at least once. I think alot of the nay sayers would enjoy baths if they gave themselves a chance. Long live baths! :bath:

Elizabeth February 5, 2009 at 4:55 pm

My bathtubs not holding water. But a bath, with candles, lots of bubbles, a glass of red wine or a cup of tea….sounds lovely. Instead, I’ll be wrapping myself up in quilts and snuggling with my Lily-dog. And dreaming of spring, of course. Enjoy your hiatus into steamy bubble land!

Suzanne February 5, 2009 at 6:49 pm

I love the amethyst candle holder, too!

Kate February 5, 2009 at 10:14 pm

I don’t mind winter so much. I like it, in fact. It would be awesome if the fireplace were usable here, but since it isn’t, I just keep it filled with lots of candles.
To hide away, I visit blogs.