Life in Focus-Seeing is Believing

by Kay~Kacey on 2/7/2009

milk glass bowl reflection

If the eye does not want to see, neither light nor glasses will help. ~Old German Proverb

This lovely milk glass bowl was given to me by SuperGuy’s aunt from her collection. I love it. It’s been sitting on my desk for weeks. So I go into my office to turn the lights off…like I do every night before bed. I spy this lovely, delicate reflection in the low lighting. How have I missed this beauty night after night? What else do I miss in my rush of real life?

How about you? What simple thing has caught you by surprise recently? Feel free to leave a link in the comments if you have a photo of it, or just tell us what simple moment you almost missed.

Debra Rector February 7, 2009 at 8:11 am

I have several lovely antique pieces that I cherish. They are even more important to me because they are all passed down from loved ones long gone. I wrote about one particularly lovely piece in my blog here…

Your milkglass bowl is exquisite, Kacey! Take good care of it. It will be a lovely gift to hand down to a future daughter-in-law who shares your passion.

Treasia/TruckersWife February 7, 2009 at 8:51 am

What a lovely piece Kacey. It’s gorgeous. If memory serves me correctly (and at my age who knows) it’s made by the Fenton Glass Co. I love Fenton glass.

Amy February 7, 2009 at 9:00 am

In my usual hectic transition from work to home each evening, I plow through my mail and change clothes before doing anything else. Last night I really realized how fast my dog’s tail was wagging. He loves me!

Kate February 7, 2009 at 9:24 am

Yesterday morning, as I was rushing to get ready for work and then packing my lunch in the kitchen, I happened to glance out the window. And there before me was such a beautiful sunrise. It made me stop and think about getting the camera.
And then I looked closer, and saw that my husband was already outside with the camera.
Great minds think alike! :lips:

Donalyn February 7, 2009 at 3:15 pm

What a lovely photo Kacey – it is almost like an optical illusion. I try to remember to keep an eye out each morning while I am blogging, so I don’t miss the shifting light from the dawn out the window by my desk.

Sarah S. February 7, 2009 at 5:13 pm

What a lovely picture. I could just stare at it. all day Today on a walk to the creek I noticed that a tree I pass all the time is hollow all the way down to the ground. I wondered why I had not noticed that before. I wondered what small animal makes the tree it’s home.

annmarie February 7, 2009 at 10:06 pm

Today was dreary & damp. Driving home from a ski meet I looked ahead at the approaching tree iine. Three different layers – shades of green & grey. “That’s beautiful,” I said.

Debra February 7, 2009 at 10:51 pm

Very nice…. it’s a beautiful work and captures the light very nicely. Whoever made it did a fantastic job.

spread your wings February 8, 2009 at 10:45 am

i love discovering little surprises like that. Reflections (light and shadows) are just so fascinating to me.
not until i downloaded the photo did i find this little surprise:

and it’s not a simple thing – God’s creation – but every day I am overjoyed by the sunsets i see from my office window.