Cardinals by SuperGuy

by Kay~Kacey on 2/10/2009

As most of you know, I love the fact that SuperGuy and I share the common interest in photography. Even if he did get more votes in the war of the roses. :mad2:

He was going to enter one of these photos in January’s Photo of the Month Contest, but he didn’t want to compete directly–cardinal to cardinal :mrgreen: — with my entry. (he’s either very nice, or very chicken :lol: ) So since I’m such a good wife…and I have no blog post for today :wink: I’m going to showcase some of SuperGuy’s cardinal photos. We both seem a bit addicted to capturing the perfect cardinal photo.

cardinal in tree

I love the composition of this one. The curving branches, the winter snow background, the splash of red of the cardinal.

female cardinal at feeder

This one almost looks like she’s paused to check out what SuperGuy is doing pointing that camera at her.

female cardinal

This one I love for the subtle colors he’s captured on the feathers of the female cardinal’s breast. Really love this.

Anyway, thank you SuperGuy for sharing your photos and helping me come up with a post for today. :mrgreen: I’m thinking SuperGuy and I will have a spring flower contest pretty soon. Please let it be spring flower time — Real. Soon. Now.

edited to add: I’m working on upgrading my wordpress install. Things will break. Smilies will probably be gone. Please be patient while I sort things out.

Suzanne February 10, 2009 at 7:05 am

Those are really pretty! I was trying to take some cardinal pics the other day and my batteries went dead right then and by the time I got the new ones in, the birdy flew away!

Mental P Mama February 10, 2009 at 7:45 am

Beautiful birds. I have a few pairs of them in my yard, and I feel like I should name them;)

iPost February 10, 2009 at 8:34 am

The first one rocks!

Nancy in Atlanta February 10, 2009 at 10:40 am

Great job, SuperGuy! I feel as though I’m looking out my window at them – well, except for the fact that there’s no snow here!! :smile:

Amy A February 10, 2009 at 11:12 am

Spring flowers? Yes, please. I’m soooo ready.

Treasia/TruckersWife February 10, 2009 at 12:23 pm

:grin: I love that first shot. SuperGuy is getting quite good at this. Give him a big pat on the back from me and tell him “well done”

TSannie February 10, 2009 at 1:24 pm

beautiful cardinals! Better watch it or SG will have a macro before you, and that would be a shame!

Sarah S. February 10, 2009 at 2:09 pm

They move so fast it is hard to get a good picture! Those are good shots! :typing:

Tori Lennox February 10, 2009 at 3:19 pm

I love cardinals. They’re so perky and cheerful to look at.

Chere February 10, 2009 at 7:45 pm

We reached a high of 73 yesterday. This is rather warm for the Atlanta area. Posted my first of spring time flowers on my blog. I am on the look out for robins. Truly the first sign of spring.

Kate February 10, 2009 at 9:09 pm

Ok. I will be patient. Tell Super Guy I liked the first one the best. It’s really lovely.

Hey, both of our husbands are taking pictures now. This is really Twilight Zone.