January Photo of the Month Winner

by Kay~Kacey on 2/13/2009

Announcing! The January Photo of the Month Winner is Mary! With her wonderful Snow Flower. She beat out my cardinal by one vote, bless her heart. You can see all her wonderful photos at her Little Red House blog or at her In A Soft Light blog (with lovely daily marvelous photos!) Thanks to all who participated!

I’ve been busy trying out the macro lens I rented. It’s a Canon 100mm macro. So far I’m not feeling the love.

macro-lavendar

It hunts for focus a lot, and I just don’t have it figured out yet. So far my photos with The Photography One’s macro have turned out better. (His is the Canon 60mm) I’ll keep at it though. Maybe by the end of the week I’ll have some decent shots to show you.

Now, for the BIG NEWS!!! The theme for February’s Photo of the Month Contest. In honor of Valentine’s Day this month….(drum roll, please!)

February’s theme is CHERISH. As you know, we’re always very loose with our themes here. I’m thinking an object that you cherish. But if you want to run with it in another direction, feel free.

I’ll remind you again towards the end of the month, and let you know when to send your links, but for now, go out there and click some photos of things you cherish.

Mental P Mama February 13, 2009 at 8:00 am

Remember the song “Precious and Few”? That’s what I think of with cherish–and now, I’ll be singing it all day long. Thanks. :angel:

Sarah S. February 13, 2009 at 8:53 am

Congratulations Mary! Humm Now I am going to have to think about that theme! :useyourhead:

mary February 13, 2009 at 11:04 am

Yippee! (doing the happy dance here)… I’m honored to have won January’s contest. :)

I have the Nikkor 60mm Micro (macro) and it does have trouble hunting for focus occasionally. When it does, I just switch it to manual. But overall, I think it is a really fun lens to have.

The theme is “cherish?” I’ve already got a million pics of thrift store finds I cherish. LOL I guess I’ll have to try for something al little different…

xoxo,
Mary

Tori Lennox February 13, 2009 at 11:14 am

Congrats, Mary!!!

A picture of something I cherish…. would a shot of my bookcases work? :rofl:

Suzanne February 13, 2009 at 12:15 pm

That sounds like a great idea! Can’t wait to see the photos!

Treasia/TruckersWife February 13, 2009 at 12:39 pm

Congratulations Mary. I loved your photo.

Hmmm Cherish, I must get to thinking on that one.

TSannie February 13, 2009 at 1:43 pm

Was it The Lettermen who sang the song, Cherish? (Cherish is the word I use to describe, all the feelings I have hiding here for you inside…)

I was torn between your cardinal and Mary’s snow flower. Of course the other vote, I gave to myself. :mrgreen:

Marcie February 13, 2009 at 3:47 pm

Congratulations Mary. Wonderful image!!! :-)

Kate February 14, 2009 at 7:12 pm

Congrats to Mary! I’ll have to find a cherish worthy shot.

Tug February 18, 2009 at 12:59 pm

Congrats to Mary – beautiful shot!