In a Different Light

by Kay~Kacey on 2/15/2009

Some of you were asking what my adorable milk glass lamp looked like…when it was turned on.

Well, if that wasn’t a project to try and capture that!

milk-glass-lamp-base

First of all, the bottom of the lamp has a little nightlight bulb. The top is a regular bulb. Of course they are two different intensities. :crazy:

The bottom bulb is a warm color, the top a bluer/cooler color. So I did what any sane photographer would do after pulling her hair out for hours, quite awhile, for a litte bit…

I turned it black and white… (the top is still a bit blown out though. Anyone have tips on photographing lamps??)

milk-glass-lamp-bw

It really is adorable though!

So what are you up to this weekend? I’m in a mood for change. We’re painting this weekend!

This Eclectic Life February 15, 2009 at 8:23 am

Lamps are hard to photograph, aren’t they! I like your black and white photo, though…and think that was an admirable choice. Lovely lamp.
Enjoy your painting…come here when you are done. I’ll give you plenty to change.

iPost February 15, 2009 at 8:28 am

Love the black and white and love the lamp! :love: My only suggestion for photographing it is to underexpose it just a bit and then bring back the shadows in PS. It is easier to do that than to try to bring back details in an overexposed area.

WillThink4Wine February 15, 2009 at 8:48 am

I prefer the first shot, in nice warm sepia tones.

Have fun painting. I love painting. I just wish I could get someone else to to the prep work.

ps. I tried to auto update my wp blogfrom 2.7 to 2.7.1 – not happening yet.

I’m going to :bath: and watch the Daytona 500!

Cindy February 15, 2009 at 9:11 am

Very cool photos tho!! Sorry you’re bald, but it’s all for the cause!! LOL!!

AND I”M LOVING THE LAMP!! I love milkglass…

Have a great day! ~Cindy

annbb/TSannie February 15, 2009 at 10:16 am

What a lovely lamp!
I’m such an amateur at photography, no advice here. Pooh! :(

Treasia/TruckersWife February 15, 2009 at 12:49 pm

I haven’t a clue on how to help on the photography advice but love the picture in black and white.

Maria February 15, 2009 at 2:09 pm

Black and white is still my favorite. It is a great lamp and certainly would bring warmth into any room. Good luck with the painting.

mary February 15, 2009 at 2:49 pm

Oh, I LOVE that lamp! :love:

Chere February 15, 2009 at 5:27 pm

OMG! I want the lamp. Forget trying to take a photo of, that is one beautiful lamp. Guard it with your life. Beautiful. Have fun painting.

Chere February 15, 2009 at 5:29 pm

For some reason, I am having a hard time posting this comment. I hope this helps.

Kate February 16, 2009 at 8:00 am

You are way too industrious for me. I should be cleaning this weekend. And what am I doing? Making You Tube videos. Gah!
Nice lamp. I have no advice, though. Sorry!