You Know, of course

by Kay~Kacey on 2/17/2009

You know, of course, as soon as I took all those photos of the kitchen and SuperGuy and I started talking about it… we had to jump in with both feet.

paint-trim

Besides, I so love living with a torn up kitchen… :crazy:   We went with a light buttercream color for the walls. It might not look like that for you, depending on your monitor, but picture really pale yellow.

shades-of-kitchen

Here we have the shades of the kitchen. As of right now… The fluted trim has the new bright white on it. (one coat). The narrow strip of yellow wall. The old white color on the door to the left. Kind of a beige/gray white, now that I see it against white/white. Ick. :shakehead:

Eventually we broke down…

wine-and-painting

and opened the refreshments. :mrgreen:

Then SuperGuy went off to work the next day and left me here. Alone. With the painting. The painting that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends.  Some people started painting it …(you’re welcome :rofl: )

cable-plugin

So I broke down and attached the cable back up and watched some TV while I painted. Do you know how awful daytime TV is? I couldn’t even find a chick flick. I’m now going to sit down and have some more of the refreshments that SuperGuy opened last night.

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions on yesterday’s post! We’ll be sure to keep you updated on our decisions as we go along.

Kate February 17, 2009 at 6:32 am

First, thanks for putting the song into my head. I had another song in there and this has replaced it. I love buttercream and white. It’s a good combo. I actually enjoy painting! But frankly, it’s easier watching you do it.
:coffee2:

WillThink4Wine February 17, 2009 at 6:38 am

Love the Red KitchenAid. Mine is white, because they were out of Red – and I had to have it right then.

iPost February 17, 2009 at 7:13 am

I hate painting~ blech. It looks really nice so far!

Cindy February 17, 2009 at 7:32 am

I like to paint, just because that’s as close as I’m going to get to being a painting artist!! But maybe if I had some of your refreshments as I was painting……………it might not look as bad!! :rofl:

You should seriously turn on DIY on that cable!! Too many ideas there!! LOL!!

And you know, buttercream yellow with those red accents (kitchen aide and step stool back by fridge) are going to look pretty sharp!

Mental P Mama February 17, 2009 at 8:09 am

I like the part about the refreshments. That’s what I’d like to be in charge of….

LauraP February 17, 2009 at 8:57 am

Stop! You’re making me feel guilty about the yet-to-be-painted upstairs bathroom . . . and hallway . . . kitchen ceiling . . . More refreshment anyone?

This Eclectic Life February 17, 2009 at 9:40 am

Refreshments make the job seem so much less boring, don’t they? Get music instead of the television…or listen to NPR. Just don’t listen to hard rock or you might start dancing instead of painting.

Kacey February 17, 2009 at 10:05 am

I can barely move my arm today…

Amy A February 17, 2009 at 10:14 am

You’re MEAN! Now that song is stuck in my head and I’m going to have to sing It’s a Small World to get rid of it, and then THAT will be stuck in my head….

Refreshments are a MUST during home improvement.

Tori Lennox February 17, 2009 at 11:44 am

Re daytime TV, this is why I watch/listen to CMT, GAC or the music channels on satellite. *g*

mary February 17, 2009 at 1:52 pm

I love those colors! You are very brave to just jump in… I really hate painting. I bet it will look wonderful when you’re done. :)
xoxo,
Mary

annbb/TSannie February 17, 2009 at 2:25 pm

I like your style of painting – tv and ~refreshments~ alway help move the paint the job along – especially when you’ve been left all alone to do it! :lol:

Spread Your Wings February 17, 2009 at 3:29 pm

wow you don’t waste any time do you?

Deb February 17, 2009 at 3:33 pm

you can’t go wrong with buttercream.

Amy February 18, 2009 at 7:18 am

Your kitchen is a lot like mine with white cabinets and laminate floors. I’d like one of those pricey updated kitchens with all the fancy stuff; but, alas, the new roof gets put on this week, and that’s my pricey project for 2009!