Life in Focus-Fiery Sunset

by Kay~Kacey on 2/20/2009

ball-of-sun

After a day of cloud and wind and rain
Sometimes the setting sun breaks out again,
And touching all the darksome woods with light,
Smiles on the fields until they laugh and sing,
Then like a ruby from the horizon’s ring,
Drops down into the night.

~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

I so admire a person who can select just the exact right words to paint a vivid picture. My favorite part of this quote?  “Then like a ruby from the horizon’s ring, drops down into the night.”

I took this photo a few weeks ago on a trip over to The Love Nest. I kept telling SuperGuy “slow down, that truck is going to get in the way.” “Speed up, that truck is going to block my shot.” “Lean back.” “Get in that lane.” “The sunset is brilliant now, I need some trees in front of it.” He really enjoyed the drive. :rofl:

Have a great weekend!

More Skywatch Friday

Suzanne February 20, 2009 at 7:03 am

Love the picture! And the quote!

Becky February 20, 2009 at 7:24 am

Beautiful picture and poem!

I do the same thing with My Captain. And I love it that he never complains. :love:

iPost February 20, 2009 at 7:30 am

Oh my Lord, I do the same thing to Brian until he starts to look like he may crash the truck on purpose and then I stop ;0) hehe!

Cindy February 20, 2009 at 7:38 am

And that’s why he’s SUPER Guy……..he got the job done!!

Love the picture and the quote — what I especially love is when we take a beautiful picture and the perfect quote is there to make a pair…

Have a great day !

sylvia February 20, 2009 at 10:51 am

Gorgeous shot and the perfect poem! I love it when I can find one to go with the other, too! Brilliant colors make a great background for the bare trees! Thanks for sharing! Happy SWF!

Tori Lennox February 20, 2009 at 11:22 am

That is a gorgeous shot!!!

Kelly Boyce February 20, 2009 at 1:23 pm

Great picture and poem! They fit perfectly together.

Secret Mom Thoughts February 20, 2009 at 2:02 pm

beautiful sunset.

Nikki-ann February 20, 2009 at 3:20 pm

A lovely sillhouette :)

Kate February 20, 2009 at 6:25 pm

I think it’s really beautiful. Thank Superguy for driving.

Have a great weekend yourself!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: