He!! in a Handbasket

by Kay~Kacey on 2/23/2009

Ever have one of those weekends? When you get to the end of it and you realize the whole weekend went to h*ll in a handbasket?

basket-closeup

While we’re at it, what is a handbasket?? This sure isn’t one. It’s a big old basket that I keep my spinning fiber in.

laundry-basket

Nope, this is just an ordinary laundry basket. Not a handbasket. Not that we’ve determined what a handbasket is, right? As an aside, notice the distinct lack of laundry in the laundry basket. I’m just saying.  Laundry baskets make good junk collectors. Then they are too full to use for, you know, laundry. So a person has to give up doing laundry and, say, drink a glass of wine. Win, win.

red-plastic-basket

I do have quite a few plastic baskets around…full of junk. I noticed when I went around looking for baskets to write this post…that I think I must have a grand total of one basket in the house…if you don’t include the easter baskets in the basement. Hm. I gues I’m not much of a basket person. I don’t know why. Because I LIKE baskets. I just don’t have any.

Now that this post is totally off track…

Handbaskets. That’s what we were talking about. Confess now, tell the truth…have you EVER used the word handbasket except in the expression h*!! in a handbasket? I thought not. I rest my case.

Anyway, we didn’t get a speck of painting finished on the kitchen. Didn’t get much of anything done, really. There was a lot of this going on…

superguy-sleeping

Yes, that’s what I’m talking about. One of the many reasons our weekend went to h*!! in a handbasket. So as the weekend wound down, and we were talking about this whole h*ll in a handbasket phenomena — over a few glasses of wine…

SuperGuy asks me. “I wonder who does go to he!! and brings all those handbaskets back?” :crazy:

Cindy February 23, 2009 at 6:29 am

It’s TOO early to think!!! But that’s looks like a great way to spend a weekend!

Here’s to a more productive week :beer:

Amy February 23, 2009 at 7:41 am

Was he really asleep in that pic? I’ve had more than a few weekends like that. Sleep and wine are great things, though!

Kate February 23, 2009 at 8:05 am

Did you notice the resembelance between superguy and one of my favorite authors??? :anyone: Interesting!

Sandra February 23, 2009 at 8:09 am

Not a GREAT advertisement for Dark Harbor! :) But he does look very peaceful. I do love a short nap.

When I think of “handbaskets” I think of the little baskets flower girls used to carry the flower petals in that they were supposed to scatter. Hmmm. That gives me an idea for a post! Thanks for the inspiration!

iPost February 23, 2009 at 9:34 am

Good question…I don’t want that to be my job, for sure! We all need weekends like this ;0)

Marcia February 23, 2009 at 9:36 am

Come to think, that’s the only expression I’ve ever heard the term “handbasket” in! I was surprised to learn that you SPIN! Do you ever blog about it?

Mental P Mama February 23, 2009 at 10:03 am

What is a handbasket exactly? Is it the same as a tisket and a tasket? I need a nap. :coffee:

Amy A February 23, 2009 at 10:12 am

“Where are we going and why are we in this basket?”

Bummer on the weekend. But spinning fiber? Do tell.

Kacey February 23, 2009 at 11:08 am

I do spin, but I haven’t in over a year. Must get back into it. So many hobbies, so little time…

Tori Lennox February 23, 2009 at 11:12 am

And why is it “going to h*ll IN a handbasket”? If it’s a handbasket, I wouldn’t think a person could, like, actually fit in it, y’know?
:rofl:

Deb February 23, 2009 at 12:55 pm

I always thought a handbasket was a purse…but what do I know?

mary February 23, 2009 at 4:19 pm

Sounds like a great way to spend a weekend. :)
xoxo,
Mary

Suzanne February 23, 2009 at 4:32 pm

I bet you can get a handbasket from Longaberger…. 8)

Kate February 23, 2009 at 4:57 pm

Longaberger does sell handbaskets. All a handbasket is would be a basket with handles.
I say going to hell in a handbasket at least once a week. It’s one of my favorite sayings.

That’s a good book SG is reading. I’ve got that here somewhere.