Colors not Found in Nature

by Kay~Kacey on 3/18/2009

Really, I don’t know what came over me when I was at the grocery store. I just had to have this bouquet of flowers for my bathroom.
fresh-flowers

Really, those colors? What was I thinking? Not to mention my bathroom is lilac.

lime green flower

But I was sucked into the siren call of this lime green flower.

bright blue flowers

And the enchanted call of this bright blue flower. What was I to do? I could not resist.

blue water

I did, however, immediately realize the water was turning blue and pulled them out of the milk glass vase I had put them in…in case the blue water would stain the milk glass… and placed them in this old glass pitcher we picked up one time when we were antiquing.

So they don’t match anything in my bathroom. They aren’t colors normally found in nature…as evidenced by the dye coloring the water. But I love them.  Such a bright spot of cheer. Of course, now I’m obsessing over making sure I pick up any petal that falls so it won’t stain the tile on the bathroom counter…  :crazy:

Kate March 18, 2009 at 5:02 am

Pretty pretty!
things that makes you smile when you see them are a good thing! :love:
Kate

iPost March 18, 2009 at 6:55 am

:rofl: I think you are better off with normal flowers! Too stressful! I agree with the milk glass, though. No stains on that will do!

annbb/TSannie March 18, 2009 at 7:14 am

I never knew those flowers leaked color! And I’ll bet they look pretty in your lilac bathroom!

Tug March 18, 2009 at 8:56 am

My favorite colors, and flowers. They’re happy. :dance:

Spread Your Wings March 18, 2009 at 9:16 am

indeed those are some bright flowers!!
as a child I would sometimes put white daisies or tulips in colored water and see how it colored the flowers as the flowers drank the water.

Kate March 18, 2009 at 10:07 am

I knew they leaked colors because my sister brought me a bunch of them when she came to visit last month. They’re cool looking, though!

Treasia/TruckersWife March 18, 2009 at 11:10 am

They are gorgeous. Leaks or no leaks.

Mental P Mama March 18, 2009 at 1:32 pm

So those daisies were backwashing?? How funny. I happen to like that shade of blue;)

Crazy Daisy March 18, 2009 at 8:15 pm

I LOVE these photos! The colors are brilliant!

super guy March 19, 2009 at 7:52 am

and isn’t that pitcher just the cutest little thang!

Melanie Robinson December 14, 2010 at 10:10 am

Hello!

I was doing a Google search for lime and blue flowers and your site came up. These are gorgeous photos and I would love to print them and hang them in my bathroom. I have just redone it using these colors. Would you allow me to use them? Do you sell your prints somewhere online?

Thanks.
Melanie

Rebecca July 16, 2011 at 5:15 pm

Hi! Just like melanie, i was googled blue and green flower and saw the blue flower…These flowers are beautiful and the photography is stunning!!!!

Sincerely,
Becca

chassity kiser April 18, 2012 at 12:19 pm

i think thoes flowers are very cool and i love the colors