One Year Later

by Kay~Kacey on 4/1/2009

Honestly, have you EVER seen hair grow more slowly?? One year ago I got my last short haircut. Right before we went on Spring Break.

growing-hair-one-year

This. Is. Taking. Forever. Is this a getting older thing? Slow growing hair?? (I’m sure you’re getting tired of me whining about it too. :crazy: )

k-grn-sweater

Okay, so you didn’t hear it from me, and I’ll deny it if anyone asks.. :secret: but I’m starting to like my longer hair. There I said it.  :P

mary April 1, 2009 at 4:13 am

It looks beautiful, Kacey! Is that a natural wave?

Amy April 1, 2009 at 6:44 am

Your hair looks GREAT! Try those Hair, Skin, and Nail Vitamins … seriously. I’ve had two haircuts in the past eight weeks, and my nails grow like crazy. I think biotin’s the key element.

Kacey April 1, 2009 at 7:04 am

Yep, I have some natural curl to my hair. I do use a curling iron on the front part of it though. It’s not quite long enough to tuck back and needs a little “umph” to it.

Staci April 1, 2009 at 7:05 am

It looks beautiful – and that’s a wonderful photo! I would kill to have that kind of body in my hair.

iPost April 1, 2009 at 7:17 am

I like it too! It suits your face beautifully :love: My hair grows a lot slower now days too.

CindyP April 1, 2009 at 7:21 am

and here is vote #5 for liking it too!!! I started taking Calcium w/ Vit D now my hair and nails are growing crazy!

LauraP April 1, 2009 at 8:10 am

Great photo. Great hair. I vote for the vitamins, too, if you want it to grow faster. I still get a lot of breakage, but I blame the sheep & goats. Stay away from farm animals, and you’ll have long, glimmering tresses.

Spruce Hill April 1, 2009 at 8:10 am

Hey at least you started off With hair! I started mine from Bald! :?

Kate April 1, 2009 at 8:28 am

You MUST let it grow! I like – very good picture!!!!!

AND – go anywhere, look around the room, (church is good – sit in the back, look forward) and you see that there is one day when a woman goes “OH, I’m OLD now, I must cut my hair Very short and get a perm!”

I don’t know when it happens – but I just Know it does!
It must be a law. Scary scary thought! :hide:

annbb April 1, 2009 at 8:59 am

I like the length it is right now. Very flattering. But I liked your shorty short hair, too.

Mental P Mama April 1, 2009 at 9:04 am

I love this length…very soft and flattering. And I see the pearls are back;)

Starwoodgal April 1, 2009 at 9:17 am

Love, Love, Love, Love, Love your hair!

Yes, it is a slow growing issue associated with our age. I too suffer from it. Look at it this way, at least we still have our hair. :)

WillThink4Wine April 1, 2009 at 10:06 am

It looks fabulous! Lots of body and so thick!

My hair is naturally thin and flat, but to make up for it I have have tons of it and about 6 cowlicks. Seriously.

Melissa Marsh April 1, 2009 at 10:23 am

I think you look lovely!

Suzanne April 1, 2009 at 11:19 am

I think it looks great!

Kate April 1, 2009 at 2:01 pm

I like it long.
I like it short.
I like your pearls.
I like your sweater.
I love the picture.
Amen.

Tori Lennox April 1, 2009 at 2:37 pm

I think it looks great, too!

Flea April 1, 2009 at 4:06 pm

Your hair – and you – look great!

Karen April 1, 2009 at 4:59 pm

When you first started letting it grow, I couldn’t imagine you with anything but the sassy short hair. Now, a year later, it looks great! And, yes, it took me all of 2008 to let mine grow out to reveal it’s true color after more than 40 years! Mother Nature has been kind and it’s a striking silver that I wear with pride – I’ve earned every one of ‘em! :dance:

Brenda Kula April 1, 2009 at 7:08 pm

I have weirdly fast-growing hair. Always have had. And at 52, it doesn’t appear to be slowing down. On the downside, color goes faster!
Brenda

Secret Agent Mama April 4, 2009 at 9:51 am

Being in Operation Grow, I can totally relate!
:) You are breathtakingly beautiful.

golightly April 4, 2009 at 1:28 pm

I’m in operation get a haircut, myself, but I love the length and style or your hair right now, it’s very sophisticated. (and I checked out your shorter versions – you’re right, perky and cute; but I like the new look.) That’s just my total-stranger, first-impression opinion.

ELK April 4, 2009 at 3:13 pm

seen on SS~ the sweater is a great color for you…hair does grow slow…