No Joy at Kacey’s House

by Kay~Kacey on 4/23/2009

Well, no joy in my backyard. Rumor has it that the lilacs are in bloom in the area….

no-lilac-bloom-1

Doggoneit! Not a sign of a bloom. I was so sure that this would be the year that my lilac bloomed! Sigh.

Staci April 23, 2009 at 8:03 am

Don’t give up hope! My lilac bloomed 2 weeks after everyone else’s – it’s in bloom now but just a slow learner apparently.

If you’re interested, come on over to my blog – I’m having a Target gift card giveaway. Who doesn’t like Target? :)

Kacey April 23, 2009 at 10:47 am

Sure, get me to hold out hope a little bit longer… :shakehead:

iPost April 23, 2009 at 12:04 pm

I feel your pain. I am nervous about mine too. I only had 2 last year and this winter was really harsh on my poor lilac. We’ll see in a few weeks if I get any! :cry:

annbb April 23, 2009 at 12:31 pm

You douse gardenia roots with pickle juice (sweet or dill, I don’t know which) to get it to bloom…maybe that will work on your lilac. Mine are in full bud and with a 85 – 90 degree weekend coming…

Kate April 23, 2009 at 2:06 pm

Wow, you’re kidding? I thought you posted a bloom at one point.

mary April 23, 2009 at 6:39 pm

At least yours are actually in the ground… I got two lilacs last year for Mother’s Day, and never planted them. One is just starting to leaf out, and the other looks a little sparse… :( Hope you get blooms soon!
xoxo,
Mary

Jacque April 23, 2009 at 9:13 pm

My Lilacs get buds in like January…strangely enough…so, you’ll have to watch next year after the new year…you’ll know early! :believe: