How I Know It’s Spring

by Kay~Kacey on 4/24/2009

Yippee! It’s that time of year!

Time to open the door to my office and let the smells of spring drift inside.

screen-door-1

Which means I get to enjoy my cool screen door. I’m in love with this door. Really. Is it wrong to be in love with a door?? I think not!

screen-door-3

I love the gingerbready ornate spindles and curves.

screen-door-2

I even love its worn handle with the touch of rust. Sigh. When my door is open and I have the screen door beckoning the world to come inside, then —¬†yes then and only then– I know that it is spring!

annbb April 24, 2009 at 8:13 am

So very inviting!

Treasia/TruckersWife April 24, 2009 at 10:42 am

what a beautiful door that is. I also love all things with the gingerbread trim. the door looks very welcoming and inviting.

Tori Lennox April 24, 2009 at 12:17 pm

I love your screen door!!!

iPost April 24, 2009 at 1:44 pm

I can smell the fresh air. Oh, wait…that is because me windows are open today! Woot! Happy Spring!

Love that door ;0)

Kate April 24, 2009 at 5:28 pm

My husband put the screens in all the windows today. Well, as many as he could find. This place has a lot of windows.
And then he cleaned for me. I was so happy when I came home that I cried.
Have a fantastic weekend, Kacey! And I love your screen door.

Flea April 25, 2009 at 11:17 am

I love your door. :)

spread your wings April 25, 2009 at 8:00 pm

i love a screened in porch. i’m enjoying one this weekend at my brothers house.
happy spring to you!!

Shari April 26, 2009 at 9:59 pm

I’m sitting with all our windows open. It must be a universal sign of spring to have the windows open.