Is Summer Really Almost Here?

by Kay~Kacey on 4/27/2009

We had snow at the beginning of the month. Remember my photo shoot where it was so cold we all had mittens on?  This past weekend I went to a Cardinals game and it was upper 80′s, full sun, hotter than blazes. We also had lousy seats where you couldn’t see the big screen scoreboard and the neat stuff it has on it, nor could we see any balls hit into right field. How can they charge those prices for seats where you miss half the game??? Sorry, I digressed from the whole is summer coming thing. (Oh, digressing again..The Cards beat the Cubs. Whomped ‘em. :mrgreen: )

Where was I? Oh, yes. Summer. See the blooms are almost gone from the redbuds.

cardinal-in-redbud

My cardinals love my backyard these days! It’s a very busy place to be. It’s like the bird hot spot of the midwest. Really, I’m sure it will get written up in the society pages just real soon now. The bird version of where to be if you want to be seen.

finch-almost-yellow

The finches have turned from their gray dull color to almost all yellow. I think when they are totally yellow we can officially declare it summer, don’t you? Then Mental Mama and Annie can start up with the Finch Wars again.  Really, you should visit those links, their finch wars were wonderful!

I have random wildflowers of unknown origin popping up in my backyard too. Wonder what this one is?

tiny-white-flower

Anyone recognize it?

Anyway, I’m certain that summer is almost here…bring it!

Barb April 27, 2009 at 6:51 am

That cardinal shot is amazingly gorgeous! What a stunner!

iPost April 27, 2009 at 6:57 am

:0) The cardinals and finches have been abundant here as well. Tons of blue jays too. We had temps up to 93 yesterday! HOT! :angry: (That is not angry…that is HOT!)

Jacque April 27, 2009 at 7:56 am

Our goldfinches here are Amazingly beautiful this year…what a delight!

Mental P Mama April 27, 2009 at 8:27 am

Beautiful! By the way, I still have more than she does this year;) She is pea green with envy, too.

Kacey April 27, 2009 at 8:31 am

PEA GREEN with envy?? :rofl: :rofl:

Tori Lennox April 27, 2009 at 9:15 am

Your pictures are absolutely gorgeous!!!

And WTG, Cardinals!!!

Mental P Mama April 27, 2009 at 9:55 am

Yup. PEA GREEN. :lol:

Suzanne April 27, 2009 at 10:17 am

It is HOT here! Where did spring go?

Kelly Boyce April 27, 2009 at 10:25 am

LOVED the pixs. Makes it feel like summer is really here. Although right now I’d just be happy to see a little spring…

twink April 27, 2009 at 10:43 am

Hello, love your blog. your pictures are amazing. thanks for stopping over at my blog..
I know about the cookies.. I have to eat them tell they are all gone … even if I freeze them.
I am interested in your blog. What is the main frame. wordpress?
thanks again for the hospitality..
twink.

annbb/TSannie April 27, 2009 at 11:44 am

Unfortunately MPM DOES have more finches than me. And I am quite jealous. Her niger must be better than my niger. Little buggers!

Kate April 27, 2009 at 1:11 pm

First, Kacey, your cardinal photo is superbe! I added the e to the end because I’m feeling French today.

Second, it is so hot here. How hot is it? Well, one of the local middle schools closed down because their AC was on the fritz. Can you believe that?

Our school doesn’t have AC, but the offices do.