Remember the Bull?

by Kay~Kacey on 5/6/2009

First off!!! Exciting!! Come back tomorrow and I swear I’m pretty certain I’ll have the Photo of the Month Contest Posted. Flowers. There are some gorgeous entries. Lots of them! Sorry it’s taken me so long to get it posted this month.

Annie, you out there?? Today’s post is specifically for you! I knew you’d enjoy seeing these…

You remember the bull don’t you? The big one at the side of the highway? The big yard decoration? Oh here, I’ll remind you again!

cow-decoration

Well, I finally thought to show you some more yard decorations from this same yard!! Mind you, none of these are operational and they’ve been there for years and years.

ferris-wheel

Really, doesn’t everyone have a ferris wheel in their front yard??? :crazy: I’m sure there is one right down the block from where you live, right??

tilt-a-whirl

Or this sad, neglected tilt-a-whirl. I loved to ride the tilt-a-whirl when I was a kid. Around and around. Spinning faster and faster. Then you’d get off and couldn’t walk a straight line! Such fun.

Anyway, I’m still waiting for one of you to come up with a photo of a better yard decoration than these… So far I win!!

Kate May 6, 2009 at 6:06 am

Mine are so much more boring than these.

Mango Girl May 6, 2009 at 9:00 am

I have pin wheels and damaged wine goblets in my yard. I really want a Sinclair dinosaur though. Still trying to talk Pale Rider into this one.

Mango Girl May 6, 2009 at 9:03 am

p.s. here is my flower entry…not the hibiscus, the one below. I so love this amazing plant and the flowers it produces… :love:

Flea May 6, 2009 at 10:21 am

Tilt-a-whirl was always my favorite ride. And yes – you win!

Tori Lennox May 6, 2009 at 12:08 pm

I’m a merry-go-round girl myself. I once rode one where the operator had it going really fast because it was all teenagers and adults on it. Man, that was FUN!

But we don’t have anything fun in our yard.

I still wish I’d managed to get a picture of the giant pink fiberglass elephant wearing eyeglasses, though, before it disappeared….

Tracey May 6, 2009 at 12:53 pm

Holy cow! Are you sure you didn’t stumble across Michael Jackson’s secret compound? Sorry I didn’t get my flower in. :0(

Amy May 6, 2009 at 6:39 pm

mazing! BTW, I loved the Tilt-A-Whirl, too. Now I think I’d get sick!

annbb May 7, 2009 at 8:48 am

Love seeing the old familiar landmarks. And can hardly wait to see them again this summer. Thanks for the reminder, Miss Kacey!

You can take the girl out of Missourah, you just can’t take the Missourah out of the girl. :D

Larry Plants November 9, 2012 at 3:34 am

Wow, That is so awesome an abandoned carnival rides on front yard.. Where is location at and what is amusement park address? I love Tilt-A-Whirl since when I was kid.

Thank you for share a pics.

Larry