Simple Things

by Kay~Kacey on 5/15/2009

Sometimes the simplest little things can make a house a home. Well, in this case, an apartment a home.

picture-frame

Like a favorite photograph. Or milk glass. Or a favorite scent in a candle. What little things do you have scattered around your house that make it a home?

Mental P Mama May 15, 2009 at 8:33 am

I am a picture-aholic. :love:

Starwoodgal May 15, 2009 at 8:42 am

I have my treasures – things that belonged to my grandparents, my great aunt and my antique books (I’m a raging antique book addict.) I also set out pictures of my family. Candles, Fresh Flowers.

Mango Girl May 15, 2009 at 1:50 pm

Rocks ~ I absolutely love rocks, in and out of the house. I also have a small pinwheel collection throughout my yard. Pale Rider swears I am part magpie…shiny, dangly things.

Tracey May 15, 2009 at 2:57 pm

LOVE the frame! Is it an antique?

Kate May 15, 2009 at 6:49 pm

Lots of photos in frames. I collect frames and would like to know where in the world you got yours because I am loving it!
And George.
Some other decorative items.
Some more George.

Treasia/Truckerswife May 15, 2009 at 8:12 pm

Love the frame. Of course my home is filled with pictures of family in mostly silver frames. I adore silver ones. Knick Knacks that have been passed down from generations past. China the same way. I have quilts hanging and crocheted doilies from grandmothers.

As you said candles with certain scents as well. I always keep honeysuckle candles as it reminds me of summers at my grandmothers.

Staci May 16, 2009 at 7:07 am

Birds are my favorite decorating piece – I have them in every room. And I have a photo line-up right above my desk, of my family; the littlest members are my inspiration.

Crazy Daisy May 17, 2009 at 1:22 am

I too love having personal photos around our home. We have several travel, flowers, and puppy photos around our home. It makes it our own.