A Good Wife-Chapter One

by Kay~Kacey on 5/18/2009

Never let it be said that I’m not a good wife. For instance…

alium-2

You know how we had the April Photo of the Month contest? And it was flowers? (yes, I’m going to announce the winner soon, and tell you what May’s theme will be.) So…anyway….for the contest, SuperGuy and I had a fight slight disagreement rational discussion about who got to enter what flower. Well he won and got to enter his allium photo.

alium-4

I didn’t think it was very fair since I shot a ton of allium flower photos. His was nice too. But still, isn’t it ladies first? Shouldn’t I have gotten to choose which flower I was going to enter first?

alium-3

Well, anyway, I’m over it, as you can see :roll:

Why Chapter One in the title of this post?? Because I’m SURE there will be ample opportunity for more chapters. I AM such a nice wife, don’t you know…

In other news, SuperGuy was gone this last weekend on his annual float trip. He’s been going with this same group of guys for like 30 years. Seriously. Yes, that makes him old. That’s a long time, isn’t it?  ;)  Anyway, I stayed home. Alone in my quiet house. Not much could get me into trouble all alone right?

Well, there was that run of internet shopping I did. Some photography stuff–oh, I’m sure that comes as a shocker to you all. :rofl:   Oh, and let’s just say that pretty soon I’ll be sporting a pretty new camera bag. I’ll be sure to model it after it gets here. Really, what did he expect leaving me all alone on a rainy weekend with only the internet and my credit card to keep me company??

annbb May 18, 2009 at 8:06 am

Such beautiful photos, Kacey!

Internet shopping….it’s gotten me in trouble more than once!

Mango Girl May 18, 2009 at 8:18 am

EXACTLY! What do they expect us to do when they leave us on rainy weekends…???? :angel:

That was funneeee!

midwestmom May 18, 2009 at 8:24 am

So after 30 years of floating(!!), please share, where’s the best place to go? We’ve went six or so years in a row and we’ve been to Huzzah (to crazy!) and Blue Springs. We’re getting ready to plan our trip for this year so I’d love to hear superguy’s favs.

And I can’t wait to see your new camera bag. I’ve been dying to get one of the pretty camera strap covers.

Mental P Mama May 18, 2009 at 9:20 am

I think it has all worked out just fine;)

Fencepost May 18, 2009 at 9:52 am

There’s a price to be paid, for a good wife! tee hee
Remember that SG!

Jan May 18, 2009 at 10:22 am

Exactly, it could have been worse, much worse.

Kate May 18, 2009 at 5:18 pm

Which camera bag did you get? Can’t wait to see it!

superguy May 18, 2009 at 5:55 pm

I have floated the beaver river with the guys from hallmark cards (and friends) for 30 years. Beaver canoe rentals (Brownbranch, MO) is the only rental on the river and seems to be known by the locals only. I do not remember seeing anyone else floating at the same time as we do except for local fishermen. The biggest problem is that Dale (BCR owner) is the only one that cleans out the trees that have fallen into the river. This adds to the excitement of the float though he will caution you of any perils before the float. He floats the river 1-2 times per week to keep on top of things. I have only floated it in May so don’t know about the summer floats. Blue Springs is clean, spring fed, and maintained well but impersonal and crowded. It, like most of the better known rivers, is policed by the river patrol fairly heavily and people have been hassled recently by the patrol for coolers, lifevests, … Good luck.
I think that these pictures are beautiful but the rules read that the pictures must be taken before the deadline. :toofunny:

mary May 18, 2009 at 8:14 pm

Man have I got some serious allium envy! :)