Never Too Late

by Kay~Kacey on 5/22/2009

So, I might be a baby boomer, but I decided it’s never too late to have a new career, right? Remember back awhile ago when I talked about starting up a portrait photography business? I even shared some shots from a photo shoot I went on with some other local photographers.

Now I first learned on a film SLR camera right after college…so it’s been a long time. But I never really, really took off with it until I bought a digital SLR a few years ago. I do love photographing almost everything I see…as evidenced by the variety on this blog. But I’ve found that I truly enjoy photographing people.

So, resolutely putting aside my age…I decided to purse a new career. Portrait Photography. I’ve been busy setting up all the legal side of it. Licensing & registering with the state. Setting up sales tax stuff. Getting insurance. Building up my portfolio. Figuring out pricing, contracts, model releases, Etc, etc.

So, now is the time where you chime in and say it’s never too late to start a new career, okay? I could use a bit of support here!

I, of course, will let you know when I go live. But in the mean time…look at this…
junk-mail

My first junk mail addressed to my new company! :toofunny:

I guess I’m almost official, huh?? ;)

Fencepost May 22, 2009 at 6:12 am

Yay, Kasey!
It’s never too late to follow your dreams.
Good luck!!!

Mango Girl May 22, 2009 at 7:00 am

It really is never to late!

Best WISHES to you in your new endeavor…believe me, it will all fall into place!

:believe:

Mental P Mama May 22, 2009 at 7:31 am

Awesome! It’s never too late!

Spread Your Wings May 22, 2009 at 9:28 am

of course it’s never too late. sounds like you really got it going. wishing you the best of luck in your new career – sounds awesome.

Deb May 22, 2009 at 10:17 am

How do they find you that quickly???

Carolina Gonzalez May 22, 2009 at 10:24 am

Absolutely never too late! Look forward to seeing your work in the future 8)

Katie L May 22, 2009 at 10:51 am

Lol- that’s too funny! And it makes you official now! Congrats, and best of luck! You’ll rock it.

Tori Lennox May 22, 2009 at 10:57 am

Of course it’s never too late!

Jan May 22, 2009 at 10:59 am

Looks official to me.

Michelle - Loomis Living May 22, 2009 at 11:57 am

I am fairly new to your blog. The photo shoot entry you linked to was one of the first things I read once I found you. Today’s entry is surprising to me because I already thought you were a professional photographer. I guess you already have that “official” sense about you and your work. Best of luck with your new endeavor.

Barb - WillThink4Wine May 22, 2009 at 12:32 pm

Yay for you, Kacey! My sister Lynda started college at 48, and went full time for 3 years to get her nursing degree! At 51, she became an R.N.!

And she absolutely loves it!

You GO, girl! :dance:

LauraP May 22, 2009 at 1:49 pm

Congrats on your official pro status — when do we get a sneak peak at the Kacey Pickens Photography website?

kay May 22, 2009 at 2:42 pm

You go girl! Know you’ll do great.

Kacey May 22, 2009 at 3:48 pm

Thanks for all the good wishes. I’ll be sure and let you know when I have a website set up for it. There is so much to do in setting up a business! Of course, I still have my day job too…which thankfully is part time and from home.

It does seem weird that at this stage of life, I decide to start up a business, but heck, I’m going to give it a try.

Suzanne May 22, 2009 at 5:55 pm

I’m excited for you!!! It’s going to be wonderful!

Kate May 22, 2009 at 6:04 pm

I don’t think it’s too late. I had no idea you were going to do this and am really glad for you!
I don’t think that photographing people is my forte, but I love your shots of people. This will be fun!
Congratulations.

annbb May 22, 2009 at 11:40 pm

I would love for my last name to be Pickens. That is just the BEST last name.
Outside of Moses. As in Grandma Moses. Ans in a woman who began an extremely successful career IN HER 70’S!!! You are not in your 70’s.
You go, girlfriend! You’ll be a success!

annbb May 22, 2009 at 11:41 pm

And, no, it is NEVER too late! :believe:

Carol J. May 23, 2009 at 7:31 am

Hi. Not only is it not too late, it’s probably the exact right time! Think of all you already know, you’ve already seen and done…you have so much wisdom to put to use! I think it’s a wonderful idea! And may I say, I’m so jealous that you’ve got what it takes to follow your dream….that’s what life is all about!

Michelle Willingham May 23, 2009 at 8:58 pm

Will you do wedding photography, Kacey? Wish you were closer to me–I’d have you photograph my kids. :woot: