Guess What’s New?

by Kay~Kacey on 6/5/2009

Kate (Chronicles of a Country Girl) this post is ESPECIALLY for you. Because jealousy is not an admirable trait in a friend, I figured I’d better do something about my ugly green lust…

Guess what I got?

Yep, I finally succumbed to my lust for a macro lens. I have been so green with envy with Kate’s macro shots. I’ve been known to steal borrow the Photography One’s Macro.

I think I’m in love. Seriously. You know how my lavender right out my front door looks?

Yes, you’ve seen it many times. BUT! Look at it all up close and personal!!

More macro shots over on my Flickr stream.

I’m in love. Serious. Deeply. Passionately. In. Love. Is it wrong to be in love with a camera lens? I think not!

Well, SuperGuy has a rare Friday off, so we’re taking a long, leisurely weekend. Maybe some antiquing, a bit of puttering around the house. Oh, and I’m sure some more macro shots! So, in honor of SuperGuy’s long weekend, I’m taking a rare weekend off blogging too. See you back here bright and early Monday morning. Don’t be late! :woot:

Mental P Mama June 5, 2009 at 7:07 am

WaaaHoooo! :crazy:

Kelly Boyce June 5, 2009 at 9:31 am

Great! Now I have Macro Lens Lust. ANd I don’t even have a camera to put it on!!

charmine June 5, 2009 at 10:16 am

Hi,i stumbled on your site and as i like it so very much i have asked my blogger friends to check it out.

Kate June 5, 2009 at 10:36 am

Oh! Oh! Oh!
I am smiling so big that my co-workers probably think I am looking at lusty site.
Not that I would. I mean, seriously. I work at a school. And that stuff just isn’t for me anyway.
But I am smiling because I am so happy for you!!!!

Yes, it is possible to be in love with a lens. I know this for a fact.
Enjoy your wonderful weekend with your two loves.

Katie L June 5, 2009 at 11:16 am

Oh I’m SOOOOOO jealous now too!! I’ve been wanting one for such a long time…

Mark Kreider June 5, 2009 at 2:05 pm

I’m addicted to my macro lens too!

Deb June 5, 2009 at 3:00 pm

Very cool!

Tori Lennox June 5, 2009 at 3:06 pm

Those shots are AMAZING!!!!

mary June 5, 2009 at 6:40 pm

I love my macro, too! I think we should get t-shirts made: I <3 my macro.

LOVE your lavender up close and personal. Sooo beautiful! Enjoy your long weekend. :)

Lani T. June 5, 2009 at 7:13 pm

I just use a Canon elph, but I recently learned about using it’s macro and have had fun with it. I’m looking forward to your June photo con :rofl: test.

Kacey June 5, 2009 at 8:54 pm

Oh, tshirts. I love my macro. I like that ; )

Kate, I just KNEW you’d be happy for me. Besides, lusting after your macro was EXHAUSTING me :mrgreen:

Kate June 5, 2009 at 9:40 pm

I know, Kacey. You been doin’ it for a lonnnngggg time now. And I like the t-shirt idea too.