The Ever Charming Annie

by Kay~Kacey on 7/11/2009

Look!! I got to meet Annie! I told you we were going to meet up. She was exactly who I thought she would be. Funny, warm, empathetic, energetic…just a lovely woman.

annie-3

Just a quick capture of her by the window in The Love Nest.  (to prove I actually met her!)  Yes, Annie is the only one of you who has ever actually seen The Love Nest!

Now I know why Mental Mama calls her “my Annie.” Well, I think Mental Mama should share Annie with more people. I did my best to convince Annie to move back to the midwest. She should, shouldn’t she?? (Mental Mama, you don’t get to answer that!) Annie talked about the Blog Fest she’s going to next week. Color me jealous. I’m sure we’ll read all about it and see lots of pictures on the various blogs. Oh, and she gave me the names of some new cool blogs to check out! Yay!

It’s really funny, this blogging world. I would never have met Annie if she didn’t blog, and I didn’t blog. It’s just strange how this blogging world can throw people together. It is so much fun to meet an internet friend in real life. To see what they are like. If they are different or the same as their “blogging” personality. Annie is just what I expected.

We met for coffee and breakfast and talked for a couple of hours. Next time she comes to town, I’m thinking we need to meet in the evening and do some drinking of beverages a bit stronger than coffee… :beer:

Anyway, I had to head back to The Love Nest and meet up with SuperGuy. We needed to head back home. SuperGuy has a chore list for the weekend. Last week when all the boys were in town? These things broke…

1) The downstairs toilet. Leak from some gasket. Flooded floor. Ruined floor. Special.

2) Garbage disposal. Leak under sink. Solved by placing bowl there for the time being.

3) Garage door. Will. Not. Open.

4) Two big stains on the front passenger seat of my car. “I didn’t do it.” …repeated by each son… :wallbash:

So, anyway, SuperGuy was anxious to get back home and mow the yard (what is UP with his addiction to lawn mowing??) and get started on his to-do list.

Me? I just headed for a Corona and cheered him on! :mrgreen:

Enjoy your weekend! Hope you have time to kick back, relax and just enjoy. I’ll see you on Monday…with the saga of the hunt for the perfect photo…

annbb July 11, 2009 at 11:36 am

Who IS that wrinkled woman??? I’d like to buy back 20 years of youthfulness, please. :roll:

What lovely words, my friend. Such a good time we had!

annbb July 11, 2009 at 11:36 am

And The Love Nest?? Every couple should have one… :love2:

superguy July 11, 2009 at 3:49 pm

I was (and am still) looking forward to meeting you!! though it sounded like a girlie kind of breakfast with lots of talking and not enough new jokes to tell others and innappropriate gags to regale friends with. Fortunately, I went on a float trip with the boys last week and was supplied for some time. Anyway, I hope to see you next time you are in town, You sound so much like my favorite person. :love2: ..cut from the same cloth, parallel universes, etc.

Mental P Mama July 11, 2009 at 10:36 pm

I knew you would like My Annie. And, she’s mine. Sorry. Come to Virginia and have a little fun with us;) I bet there are some deals on Expedia–right into Newport News—just sayin’ :coffee2:

Kate July 12, 2009 at 7:09 am

That’s a great photo of Annie. It is fun meeting fellow bloggers IRL and finding out they are exactly who you expect them to be!

Carrie July 13, 2009 at 12:08 am

Am I not the luckiest sister in the world. Cause she is “My Annie” and sister. :)

Asthmagirl July 13, 2009 at 8:52 am

I can’t wait to meet “My Annie” this week! And I wish you were coming to Blogfest too! We’d find a place for you to bunk! 8)