Rocky Mountain Sunset

by Kay~Kacey on 7/27/2009

Hi, honey! I’m home! We had a wonderful time. I’m exhausted. We partied to all hours at the wedding, took photos, went into the mountains for a photo shoot, went to a wonderful BBQ and had the. best. time. So, for now, I’ll leave you with our first photo competition, because, as you know…we had tons several of them this weekend. As is our wont.

Fun poll at the end! Please vote!

So, we got to Denver and immediately went in search of a bar. (don’t act so surprised!!) From the window of the bar we could see the wedding rehearsal going on. I have to say, that’s MY kind of view from a bar! Fun.

Then we were exhausted. We could either do this and watch mindless TV..

rocky-mountain-sunset-1

PHOTO ONE

Or, we could have a rocky mountain sunset photo shoot!

(As an aside, Firefox crashed on me right here while I was writing this post. Does Firefox not know how tired I am? How many photos I have to edit? That I have a cold Corona waiting for me with my name on it?? But I digress…)

rocky-mountain-sunset-2

PHOTO TWO

Now, I’m not going to tell you which of us shot which photo…but I am going to put a poll at the end.

rocky-mountain-sunset-3

PHOTO THREE

The view just kept getting more gorgeous.

rocky-mountain-sunset-4

PHOTO FOUR

We kept clicking. Trying to out do each other.

rocky-mountain-sunset-5

PHOTO FIVE

We murmured romantic comments to each other…
“Move over.”
“Out of my way.”
“Turn off the dang TV, it’s reflecting in the window.”
“Move your elbow.”

rocky-mountain-sunset-6

PHOTO SIX

Such are our sweet photo competitions. Now, You be the judge. Vote for your favorite sunset. I’ll even throw in the photo of SuperGuy for good measure. (edited to add. SuperGuy is photo one. Each photo is numbered under the picture.) I’ll be back tomorrow with lots of tales to regale you with about our fun, fun get away to Colorado. I have a ton of photos to edit! In the mean time…let the competition begin. May the best spouse win… :beer:

Now I’m off to find that beer, while SuperGuy–the over achiever–is out mowing the yard… :crazy:

Which is the best Rocky Mountain Sunset Photo?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

KateS July 27, 2009 at 6:22 am

Can’t I vote more than once???
Hardly fair to throw the verycutesuperguy pic in there also! :woot:

Mango Girl July 27, 2009 at 7:34 am

Glad you had such a wonderful time! Your pictures are FABULOUS and make me more home sick than ever…

Welcome back :)

Mental P Mama July 27, 2009 at 7:45 am

They are all wonderful;)

Robin July 27, 2009 at 8:13 am

I vote for #1 but they are all amazing.

Gayle July 27, 2009 at 9:25 am

Woo, also loved the layering of the mtns. in #6, but #1 has a birdie in the pic. All are very beautiful and it was hard to choose.
Gayle

David July 27, 2009 at 12:12 pm

OK, I got confused and I think a lot of other people probably did too. You have six photos and six photo number captions, one beneath each photo, right? So that means photo number one is the husband on the sofa, right? That’s why I voted for photo number four, but some people may think that’s number three. But, if that were the case, then there wouldn’t be a number six. See, it’s confusing.

Tori Lennox July 27, 2009 at 2:33 pm

I had a hard time choosing they’re all so wonderful!

Barb - WillThink4Wine July 27, 2009 at 3:00 pm

Ummm… I think I voted wrong after reading David’s comment. I clicked on photo three, but now I realize it is actually photo four. :sigh: Got an extra Corona? :beer:

Kacey July 27, 2009 at 3:23 pm

LOL, I numbered them under each photo. SuperGuy is photo number one…like I said, I threw him in for good measure… :lol:

Sue July 27, 2009 at 4:30 pm

I would have picked #2 if the clouds at the top had been cropped out…so went with #4 :-)
All beautiful however!!!

annbb July 28, 2009 at 10:10 am

Wow! All the pics have exactly the same amount of votes. And I didn’t look before I voted.