Signs of the Times

by Kay~Kacey on 8/7/2009

So this caught my eye. This stash of mail in the front hallway. It’s where I put the mail that gets delivered here, but it’s for the boys. They know to check that spot when they come by. The mail sits there waiting for them nestled between the gumball machine that The Geeky One made years and years ago, and the dad reading to his son statute.

mail-in-hallway-1926

Sigh, sometimes it just hits me. The boys no longer live here. Won’t ever live here again. They’ll just be here for visits.

Visits. My boys come home for visits.

Sometimes I enjoy this empty nest gig…and sometimes I really, really don’t like it… Come cheer me up…

Kate August 7, 2009 at 6:28 am

I’m here to cheer. Me and all the little emoticons below. We’re having a secret party over at my place, so if you notice they’re missing, that’s where they’ll all be. We’ve got to keep our eye on the bangy guy, though. And after a coupla POM tini’s, I’m hoping to get shy guy out from under that chair . . .

superguy August 7, 2009 at 7:58 am

I’ll be home tonight and keep you company. Maybe, out of the goodness of my heart, I will leave dishes and clothes all over the house for you to follow behind and pick up after me. I’m so good for you! I miss you,

Kacey August 7, 2009 at 8:10 am

Ah, my dear husband, picking up after the boys is one of those things I do not miss. Nor do I miss the tons of laundry…

Kate, your comment made me smile first thing this morning! You and all the emoticons partying! :woot:

Mental P Mama August 7, 2009 at 8:13 am

LOL @ Kate. But I can’t help you with this. sigh Maybe we should plan a vacation;) 8O

Dru August 7, 2009 at 9:50 am

{{{Kacey}}} just because

Katie L August 7, 2009 at 11:11 am

Want me to send you Lexi for a little while?!?! :)

Kacey August 7, 2009 at 11:26 am

Yes!!! I’ll take Lexi. We’d have so much fun! Then after I never say no to her, I’d spoil her rotten and send her back home. :mrgreen:

Katharina August 7, 2009 at 2:29 pm

You think they will never, ever live there again. Ha! Just you wait. :rofl:

Katie L August 7, 2009 at 4:41 pm

Lol @ Katharina, this is true – just ask my mom… :wallbash:

annbb August 10, 2009 at 10:25 pm

That old grass is always greener….
I would KILL for visits – just visits… UGH!