July Photo of the Month Winners

by Kay~Kacey on 8/12/2009

Big announcement of the winners in our July Photo of the Month Contest! (and the theme for August’s Photo of the Month Contest!)

White:  Suzanne from Chickens in the Road with her Duck photo.

Blue: Heidi with her Blue Wellies photo

Red: Me (me!) with my Red Truck Wine photo.

Thanks to all who participated by entering and voting. It was fun!

As an aside… SuperGuy is a bit confused in a male kind of way. He’s not sure why anyone wouldn’t vote for a picture of a HEMI over any other photo! :rofl:

I’m not sure what a hemi is…nor do I really want to know, but I do know all the boys are impressed with it…

Males! Anyway, here are some photos of his beloved new truck. Since the old red truck decided to burst into flames…

dodge-truck-1938

Isn’t it pretty? (I can’t believe there is road dust on the hood. I swear he washes it and keeps it all shiny…all. the. time.)

dodge-truck-1934

Okay, admit it. It’s huge. It totally dwarfs by little Subaru. Notice the sissy bars running boards he had to get installed for me to be able to climb ever so gracefully into the truck!

Back to the topic at hand:

THEME FOR AUGUST PHOTO OF THE MONTH CONTEST!

(No, SuperGuy…it is NOT trucks, or cars, or hemis…)  The theme for the August Photo of the Month Contest is FLOWERS. Since it seems like I am addicted to taking photos of flowers these days.

I’ll put up a post calling for submissions at the end of the month. Go forth and photograph flowers this month!

Robin August 12, 2009 at 7:34 am

Great job everyone!

Mango Girl August 12, 2009 at 8:39 am

Congrats to the winners!

I am emailing you my August entry now…

Katie L August 12, 2009 at 9:35 am

I still can’t believe Superguy got a blue truck, and not another RED one!!! Maybe he’s getting more docile in his old age?!?! :lol:

annbb August 12, 2009 at 12:16 pm

OK, I’m all over this one! And tell SG his new set of wheels is simply loverly!

superguy August 12, 2009 at 6:08 pm

Katie, I looked and drove a red dodge with a regular V-8 but the color this year was more drab and there was an $800 markup for “specialty colors”. I took it back to the dealer and “tried” the hemi… Really was considering the orange or yellow but not on the lot and I was in a bit of a bind for wheels. :roll: It’s all good, I miss Big Red but am well consoled.

Tori Lennox August 12, 2009 at 6:21 pm

The new truck is a gorgeous shade of blue, though!

Kacey August 12, 2009 at 7:04 pm

Yes, the new red shade was, well, in a word…ugly. Love this blue shade. Like it better than the Subaru blue!

Anyway…back to flowers….

Tug August 12, 2009 at 9:04 pm

Congrats again to the winners!!

I love hemis, but um, yeah…you were in my category. ;-)

LOVE flowers, can’t wait to see if I come up with anything!