From the Past

by Kay~Kacey on 8/24/2009

I know! I’m late getting my post up today! We were out of town all weekend with no internet. Good and bad.

trixie-beldon-2071

Anyway, in my antiquing expeditions I’ve been collecting old Trixie Beldon books. They go for a pretty penny, but they were one of my favorite series growing up. How about you? Did you read them? Other favorites were The Little House on the Prairie books, Little Women books, The Williamsburg series by Elswyth Thane. I loved series books. Still do.

Did you have a favorite series of books as a child?

Tori Lennox August 24, 2009 at 11:56 am

You know I love my Trixie Belden books!!! I’ve been buying the new reprints. They have the original illustrations which I adore!

Julie Hurwitz August 24, 2009 at 3:22 pm

I loved Trixie Belden. And Judy Bolton. And Cherry Ames. And Laura Ingalls Wilder.

Kate August 24, 2009 at 9:10 pm

No, I don’t think I did have a favorite.

I’ll tell you though, Kacey, your photos are just wonderful. I’m loving what you’re doing with the textures these days.

Mental P Mama August 25, 2009 at 6:56 am

Has to be Laura. Hands down.

Capricorn Cringe August 25, 2009 at 12:20 pm

I loved Trixie Belden! I had all of the books but of course, I got rid of them. Stupid, stupid, stupid!! Nice shot :)

jacque ruch August 25, 2009 at 8:16 pm

For me it was the little house on the prairie books and anything by Judy Blume…I was so glad when I had daughters…I bought her the entire little house library…and she read them….all :believe: