Fall Food

by Kay~Kacey on 10/13/2009

It’s that time of year. Autumn. Time to change out from lighter, cooler to food to cool weather food.

resting-at-the-lake-2096

Last night I put on my first pot of chili of the season. Yum. The house smelled so great.

As the weather turns cold, I crave different comfort foods. (SuperGuy swears he doesn’t understand the whole comfort food thing, but I know he’s stressed when he heads for certain foods. So there’s the truth. Just don’t tell him I have him figured out!) Anyway, when the weather turns cold I want chili. Pot roast. Apple Pie. Fresh homemade bread. Homemade noodles. Chocolate. (okay, I want chocolate all year long, but I just thought I’d throw that in there.)

So what are you cool weather/cold weather comfort foods? Or what is your all year long comfort food? Confess to us all.

Possum October 13, 2009 at 8:05 am

That’s an easy one – Chicken Curry, Bobotjie and Cottage Pie; all 3 being standard year round comfort foods. However winter conjurs up thoughts of hearty Oxtail accompanied by red wine – next to a roaring wood fire!

Mental P Mama October 13, 2009 at 8:06 am

Chili is always good. So is a nice roast turkey breast and potatoes;)

annbb October 13, 2009 at 8:08 am

Stringy roast beef, a big pot of spaghetti w/bolognese (sp), a roasting chicken, and Black Dog Restaurant’s apple crisp w/rum. MAJOR comfort food.

Cathy M October 13, 2009 at 8:13 am

When it gets cold, I like either chicken noodle or beef vegetable soup.

David October 13, 2009 at 8:50 am

Chili is awesome, but I have no venison to make it with. I may have to settle for beef this year. Besides venison chili, my favorite cold weather foods are…

Taco Soup: http://snakelover61.blogspot.com/2008/12/taco-soup.html

Shrimp Diavolo: http://snakelover61.blogspot.com/2009/01/shrimp-diavolo.html

The Shrimp Diavolo is especially good for clearing out the ol’ sinuses on a cold, rainy day. Try it, you’ll like it!

Gayle October 13, 2009 at 9:29 am

The Beige Meal (as my son called it): chicken fried steak, gravy, mashed potatoes, cauliflower and home made applesauce. (you can add a spiced crab apple for color, maybe a sprig of rosemary).
Gayle
San Diego

Treasia/TruckersWife October 14, 2009 at 2:52 am

Great minds think alike. I just made our first big batch of chili over the weekend. Plus all the trimmings, crackers, fritos, hot dogs, shredded cheese, the works.

Besides chili we like, Mexican Taco Chicken Soup (recipe from http://dreamscountrygirl.blogspot.com/2008/09/hot-mexican-cook-makes-hot-mexican-soup.html), roast w/potatoes and carrots, hot spicy chicken wings, and beans and cornbread.

Wendy October 15, 2009 at 9:19 am

Beef & Guinness Stew. Pasta E Fagioli. Norwegian Meatballs. Meatloaf. Bread Pudding. OMG, the bread pudding. Sliced apples with butter rum caramel to dip in. Butter Rum Rice Krispie bars.

I’m making myself way too hungry for this early in the morning.