Little Things

by Kay~Kacey on 10/15/2009

Do you ever wonder if some of the little things in life will stick in your kids’ minds for years to come?

triangle-2105

Like this triangle bell at my parents’ lakehouse? My kids couldn’t wait until they were old enough to ring this bell to call everyone up from the lake for meals. Yes, we had quite a few scuffles over whose turn it was to ring it.

The coolness of this bell doesn’t end here though. It was from my grandparents. See, all that history being passed down. How cool is that?

railroad-spike-2105

See this cool railroad spike? Both SuperGuy and my dad worked on the railroad when they were young. I look at this simple triangle and just see so many good memories. Fun times at the lake. Big, noisy family meals. I wonder if the boys will remember this bell, years from now, when they are calling their own children to come eat?

Chris the girl October 15, 2009 at 11:01 am

Oh yes… the ringing of the bell.. my family as well had the fights over whose turn it was to ring it…good times I tell you :argue: ….but the memories are fun…many wonderful days spent on the dock, in the water, with family.

Katie L October 15, 2009 at 4:43 pm

I remember racing up from the dock to see who would get to ring the bell… And the slight fear of ringing it that first time and having to stretch out over the railing! I’m sure the boys will remember this, as all of us do!!

Kari October 15, 2009 at 5:00 pm

Not to fill up your blog with L family comments, but I fondly remember the EATS sign and the bell. Good memories :)

Kacey October 15, 2009 at 6:56 pm

You two L girls can fill my blog up with comments anytime you want, ’cause I swear if I had daughters, you two would be it! Love ‘ya. They are good memories, aren’t they?

And Chris the girl? She’s my cousin! (because my boys had a cousin named Chris (male), and I had a cousin named Chris (female), so they nicknamed my cousin “Chris the girl” and it stuck…)

Kate October 17, 2009 at 3:46 pm

Memories . . . like the corners of my mind . . . misty, clanging, ringing m e m o r i e s . . . of the way we were.

SueL October 20, 2009 at 12:26 pm

Is that anything like Mrs. Correll, the boy?
As one of mine called him.