It Is the Thought That Counts

by Kay~Kacey on 11/2/2009

You guys know I adore SuperGuy, right? Well, my dear husband surprises me with little things. Like, for instance, he knows of my addiction rather strong liking of all things candy corn.

candy-corn-2654

Remember last year when I discussed how candy corn with the “chocolate” layer in it is just WRONG? I’m a candy corn purist. :angel:

candy-corn-2659

Speaking of purist…he showed up with this bag of candy corn for me. Yes, the generic grocery store brand of candy corn.

It. Was. Horrid.

Now I realize that candy corn has no redeeming nutritional value…but, still… how can you ruin it? Give me back my BRACH’S candy corn!!

While it is truly the thought that counts…and it was so nice of SuperGuy that

1) he thought of me when he was out grocery shopping

2) he was grocery shopping in the first place

3) he remembered that I love candy corn

I don’t want to sound ungrateful, but I’m afraid I’m going to have to add a new rule to my candy corn addiction. No “chocolate” layer. Has to be Brach’s.

But thank you, honey. It really is the thought that counts! :love:

Be sure and check back tomorrow. I’ll have the photo of the month contest up. We had a ton of entries and they are great! See you then.

(what is YOUR candy of choice??)

Dru November 2, 2009 at 8:35 am

I had to write to say Brach is the only way to go when consuming candy corns. Those other brands…yuck!

Spruce Hill November 2, 2009 at 11:50 am

Brach’s is the only way to go! No chocolate just plain old traditional old fashioned candy corn! :)

superguy November 2, 2009 at 1:49 pm

I’m partial to the one pounder candy bars and bags. The little containers don’t taste the same (no, really). Whoppers in the half gallon make a nice snack if I have the time.

Kate November 2, 2009 at 3:18 pm

I love junior mints.

I love m&m’s.

Riece’s pieces.

SSSSSSsssssnickers!

I do not eat these things, however. And you will be disheartened when I tell you that I actually like the candy corn but only with the chocolate. Call me crazy. But it’s how I like ‘em.

Gayle November 2, 2009 at 3:54 pm

AbbaZaba………..mmmmmmm. The mere thought makes me swoon…………..well, maybe Big Hunk and Charleston Chew………omg!
:>
Gayle

Crazy Daisy November 3, 2009 at 1:03 am

I have to say I feel the same way about the Candy hearts at Valentines… they have to be the brand name, or they are not worth it!

Otherwise, I love my Peanut m&ms, and Riece’s pieces.

Sue November 11, 2009 at 8:42 pm

Hmmm….we didn’t have Candycorn in Ireland when I was a kid so never developed a taste..but don’t think I’d like it with chocolate for sure!!! GAG

I love Bassett’s Licorice Allsorts (from the British Isles please)…they just make them better…and as i just got back from Ireland yesterday I have a bag…YUM! :dance: