KMOV St. Louis (CBS) Has Lost Me as a Viewer

by Kay~Kacey on 12/3/2009

Everyone that knows me, knows that I’m a bit of a Rudolph fanatic fan.

rudolph-in-chair

I love all things Rudolph. When it airs, it’s my official kick-off to the holiday season.So I see the commercial for it!  Okay, Wednesday, December 2 at 7pm on CBS. YAY!! (I also have a good friend, Tori, who ALWAYS emails me and reminds me it’s coming on!)

rudolph-2256

So I get ready to text my boys, to make sure they don’t miss it!!  :rofl:

(Okay, it’s kind of a tag-you’re-it to see who gets caught and has to watch it with me.) So I double check the time on the TV listing…

rudolph-throw

I look at the listing and KMOV has decided, in their infinite wisdom to preempt Rudolph with….get this… Great Day In St. Louis!!! Really, first of all, I’ve never met one person in my life who has ever watched Great Day in St. Louis. Second of all, it’s like almost unamerican to not show Rudolph!!! Think of all the disappointed children (okay, and ME) all across the St. Louis area!!! After CBS ran all those commercials this week, tempting me with the joy of Rudolph this week.

I. Am. Not. Amused.

hermie-the-dentist

Hermie, my second most favorite dentist in the world. :love:

Don’t tell me to watch the DVD. It is SO not the same thing. I would miss the silly Norelco commercials with Santa riding on the Norelco shaver!! Christmas will just not be the same this year. At. All. I’m so done with KMOV. They should be ashamed of themselves!! It’s not nice to disappoint children! (and me…)   :frown:

TSannie/annbb December 3, 2009 at 8:01 am

You have my deepest sympathy. :wft:

Mental P Mama December 3, 2009 at 9:06 am

It’s an abomination! :cursin:

Kacey December 3, 2009 at 9:34 am

Ah, there was a notice on their site they they are going to play Rudolph at 2 am… :mad2: You know, because so many kids are up at 2am…

Tori Lennox December 3, 2009 at 2:13 pm

I would still send them a nasty letter or something. That’s just ridiculous. And what the heck is Great Day in St Louis, anyway? It sounds stupid.

Kate December 3, 2009 at 4:30 pm

I feel your pain. :angel:

Jeff G December 6, 2009 at 8:57 pm

Oh come ON! So you have decided to boycott your local CBS affiliate for good over THIS? So I guess there are NO shows on CBS that you watch now and will never in the future because of KMOV spoiling your holiday plans. When ESPN carries Chargers games on Monday night here in San Diego, our local CBS affiliate pre-empts the Monday night comedies to show the game for the 3 people in our area who don’t get cable or satellite. Sure it means that they relegate How I Met Your Mother and the other shows to 2 AM but since I DVR them anyway it’s not much difference to me. Since KMOV is showing the programs at 2 AM, DVR or record the show and enjoy your commercials. It shouldn’t be a reason to boycott a station.

Maybe you can find the show on CBS’s website and watch it there. Or like most of the “big name” holiday specials, there will probably be at least one more chance to see it in prime time this month and I’m sure KMOV won’t pre-empt it twice!

I’d say more but I’m not that mean.

Kacey December 6, 2009 at 9:02 pm

Jeff, not sure how you found the blog, but if you read it much, you’d realize the whole blog post was rather tongue in cheek. Didn’t mean to upset you :cool2:

(we’re not big TV watchers and don’t actually own a DVR…)