Look Who Came to Visit

by Kay~Kacey on 1/6/2010

Look who hangs out in my backyard now.

albino-squirrel-3067

I’d never seen an albino squirrel until this year.

albino-squirrel-3066

He doesn’t come up very close to the house like the grey squirrels do.

albino-squirrel-3072

I’m not a squirrel lover because they try and tear up my bird feeders, but this one is kind of cute, don’t you think?

albino-squirrel-3067-2

Wish he’d come a bit closer . . .

We also have a red fox that frequently runs through the backyard, but so far I haven’t been able to capture him. You never know what you’ll see in my backyard, do you?

Treasia Stepp January 6, 2010 at 8:15 am

He is adorable. I want one, I want one. I’ve never seen but a few and they were always in pictures. I have only seen a small few of the black squirrels too. Those are so pretty as well.

annbb January 6, 2010 at 9:04 am

Coyotes here. At least your squirrel will blend in with the snow!

David January 6, 2010 at 9:24 am

Congrats on what has to be a rare opportunity! Very cool!

Katie L January 6, 2010 at 1:01 pm

He’s very pretty! Too cool. Our (few) squirrels have tall pointy ears… I’d almost forgotten what midwestern squirrels look like :) I wish we had albino ones here!

Tori Lennox January 6, 2010 at 1:35 pm

Is he albino or just white? I thought if he was albino his eyes would be pink… Regardless, he’s cute as a button! :)

jacque ruch January 6, 2010 at 8:35 pm

I love him! He is very cute! We have coyotes also. Last winter we had a red fox curled up and sleeping on our playground. By the time I got my camera he had run off. :|

Helen G. January 6, 2010 at 8:56 pm

That is something I don’t think I’ve ever seen in real life here in Oklahoma. Tough for them to survive because of not being able to camouflage themselves.
He is sure cute.

Thanks for sharing.

Helen

Mental P Mama January 6, 2010 at 8:58 pm

I have a science question: is he white or an albino? Don’t all albinos have red eyes?

deb January 7, 2010 at 9:34 am

Never have I seen a white squirrel before either. I have seen all black squirrels in Canada, though.

Jen R (emeraldsunshine.org) January 22, 2010 at 11:17 am

What a gorgeous squirrel.