My Little Friends

by Kay~Kacey on 1/11/2010

cardinal-in-snow

It snowed. Just enough to allow me to capture my friends at the feeder.

woodpecker-in-snow

It was almost like they were posing for me.

doves-in-snow

They look pretty cold, don’t they?

birds-in-snow-3237

I was glad to be tucked safely and warmly in my office.

birds-in-snow-3272

They were happy that SuperGuy had just filled the bird feeders.

birds-in-snow-3250-2

I took a ton of photos. Have I mentioned how much I love that my office backs up to the woods?? :love:

birds-in-snow-3234

I don’t think I could pick a favorite of these if I tried! Feel free to pick your favorite though and list it in the comments!

Treasia January 11, 2010 at 6:13 am

I always love your pictures of the birds. Just beautiful. I am moving my desk today from a window view, to a wall view. I’ll be much happier in the room it’s going in, but I know I’ll miss my views of the outdoors.

Staci January 11, 2010 at 7:44 am

Those pictures are stunning. I went out in a blizzard just to make sure my bird feeders were filled. I then wondered exactly who was in charge – me or the birds…

Di January 11, 2010 at 8:26 am

I choose #4. But I love the cardinals in the winter with their dashing red color. Male or female, both are exquisite birds.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Tori Lennox January 11, 2010 at 10:00 am

It’s too tough to choose. They’re all great!

Katie L January 11, 2010 at 10:22 am

Love ‘em all! :clap:

Gayle January 11, 2010 at 10:50 am

I like them all, too, but the first one……ooooooooooo, is it a lady cardinal? We do not have cardinals here. What a treat to see!

Kate January 11, 2010 at 2:03 pm

Kacey, I LOVE THESE! They are beautiful. Especially love the first female cardinal and the first doves. So darn beautiful!!

Kacey January 11, 2010 at 3:46 pm

After staring at them some more, I have to think that the first one is my favorite. Maybe…

Mental P Mama January 11, 2010 at 5:24 pm

Gorgeous!

annbb January 11, 2010 at 10:11 pm

These really are remarkably beautiful, Kacey!

Sue January 11, 2010 at 10:40 pm

#1 :-)
All beautiful but there is something ethereal about the first one

autumnsun November 14, 2010 at 8:02 am

you’re right it is hard to pick they are all exceptional and would be beautiful as a Christmas card set. The two turtle doves is really wonderful.
(came via SS today)

Becky Sue November 14, 2010 at 8:15 am

Oh, these are lovely! Do you take them right through a window? It must be clean and no screen if so. (via SS)