Life in Focus-Contemplation

by Kay~Kacey on 1/16/2010

365-sp-0109-3928

Contemplation seems to be about the only luxury that costs nothing.~ Dodie Smith

I seem to be spending an inordinate amount of time just sitting at my office window, staring into the woods. Thinking. Planning. Dreaming. Winter is like that for me. So I sit and dream. I let memories drift up from my subconscious–the good ones and the bad. I allow myself some idle downtime in winter…without regret or guilt. Contemplation is my secret pleasure in winter.

What’s your secret winter pleasure?

Jen R. (emeraldsunshine.org) January 16, 2010 at 8:19 am

My secret pleasure really isn’t so secret – at least to my family! I love hot apple cider spiked with rum. I sit in front of my fireplace with my macbook, edit photos, listen to music – and ultimately enjoy myself. My favorite is when big fat s :wft: now flakes drift past the window while I watch, content.

Jen R. (emeraldsunshine.org) January 16, 2010 at 8:20 am

Lol. I am typing on my phone. That should say snowflakes!

Treasia January 16, 2010 at 8:54 am

One of my secret pleasures is watching the birds outside and as you say “dreaming” the time away.

Jeanne Klaver January 16, 2010 at 9:56 am

Burning Morning Glory Green Tea incense, sipping a cup of orange spice tea, staring into the fireplace. Perfect beginning for a winter’s day!

Tori Lennox January 16, 2010 at 11:16 am

Hey, Dodie Smith is the woman who wrote 101 Dalmatians. :)

annbb January 16, 2010 at 5:27 pm

Staring into a fire in our fireplace…watching snowflakes falling.

Kacey – such a beautiful ethereal photo of you. It looks so old – like you were living in the 1800’s. It’s an absolute treasure. (I would assume the kudos go to SG??) You really need to frame and hang this.

JC January 16, 2010 at 7:34 pm

15 miles with my running bros and a hot shower afterwards

Mental P Mama January 17, 2010 at 8:41 am

What a beautiful shot! I am an Aquarius. Contemplation is something we do well;) :anyone:

Kacey January 17, 2010 at 9:10 am

Annie, I took that one myself. I used my tripod and remote…and took a lot of photos to get one I liked!

Kate January 17, 2010 at 2:39 pm

My secret winter pleasure? I like doing puzzles with my husband in the breakfast nook as the snow falls, or the rain hits the side of the house.
As for this photo, I thought it was taken in the past and that this person looks like a relative of yours. And then I realized that it was you. Most excellent.

Katie L January 18, 2010 at 10:51 am

I LOVE this photo! It is beautiful and deep and there’s something poignant about it. Great shot.