Where have all the Greyhounds Gone

by Kay~Kacey on 1/27/2010

…long time passing…

greyhound-4251

I bet you have that song stuck in your head now, don’t you??? :hide:

greyhound-4252

But, seriously, where have they all gone? You used to see them everywhere. We were remarking that we hadn’t seen one in forever when this one passed us.  As an aside…SuperGuy is not a slow driver…why was this bus PASSING us??

Do you see Greyhound buses where you live? Seriously, we used to call the bus station “the greyhound station.” Where have they gone?

annbb January 27, 2010 at 8:42 am

Haven’t seen many here in CT – can’t remember the last time I did. However…buses with Asian writing all over them that are headed to Foxwood’s or Mohican Sun are an hourly occurance it seems.

Shirley January 27, 2010 at 9:56 am

We also had Great Southern Coaches here in Arkansas. You don’t see them anymore either. I think there aren’t many people who ride anymore. Least not around here. I can remember as a kid and even as a young married person, my aunt coming from California on a bus. I think it took about three days, and she was always exhausted by the time she got here. And she always dreaded the ride back home.

So I’m assuming it’s not the greatest way to travel.

Di January 27, 2010 at 11:57 am

Oh, gosh… I haven’t ridden one of those since the early 70’s. BUT, you’re right, hardly ever see them around anymore.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal
:coffee:

Sue January 27, 2010 at 12:26 pm

They are up in the air at about 35,000feet I think…I work on them…LOL..taking one to NYC today…I’ll watch for Superguy.

Mental P Mama January 27, 2010 at 12:40 pm

LOL @ Annie. All we have is Fung Wah busses here in CT. I miss the Greyhounds, too.

Deserthen January 28, 2010 at 3:17 pm

They have cut way back! We still have a stop in our town, so we see them once in a while. Greyhound drivers are scary! They drive way to fast!! Most of those buses are governed at 65 or so, but guess the one that passed you wasn’t!

Deb February 2, 2010 at 6:26 pm

They have really changed their routes. My mom lives 5 hours from us; but to take the bus here it’s a 21 hour trip! They only travel interstates now.