Pink Elephant Antique Mall

by Kay~Kacey on 3/16/2010

Yep, you saw it here first.
pink-elephant-antique-mall-4401
The Pink Elephant Antique Mall. Wonder how it got it’s name?? :rofl: (also notice the elephant coming out of the wall in the far left corner…)

It’s off of Hwy 55 in Illinois. About an hour or so from us.

pink-elephant-antique-mall-4403

It has interesting “yard art”, now doesn’t it? Almost as interesting as the bull on Hwy 70.  Adding to undocumented stories on the internet…supposedly the owner of this ice cream stand called the manufacturer who told them they weren’t made anymore, but there were some abandoned ones. The owner went and picked up this abandoned one from somewhere out east and brought it back here. Maybe.

pink-elephant-antique-mall-4404

There’s the giant beach guy, supposedly moved from the Soulard Area in St. Louis. Maybe. Or maybe from somewhere in IL. Impressive, huh?

pink-elephant-antique-mall-4406

Then there is this Harley Davidson dude right outside too. Brought here from, um, Harley Davidson I’d presume. Maybe. :coffee2:

pink-elephant-antique-mall-4407

Look, you can see the edge of an old space ship there at the corner of the building too! A REAL one. ;)

The antique mall is inside an old school in Livingston, Illinois.  I love this shop. The people are helpful and friendly and there is a wide variety of things to buy er, look at okay, okay, to buy. I’ll show you some of our prizes tomorrow. Yes, milk glass was involved.

There you are, always willing to help. Spreading undocumented rumors on the net!

annbb March 16, 2010 at 9:27 am

Wish this was closer to Columbia! What’s that cute little gingerbeady structure? Can’t wait to see the milk glass!

Amanda Zika March 16, 2010 at 9:54 am

Thanks for sharing!!!! I just got an idea for a cute picture from that giant ice cream cone. How come I never knew about this place!?

Di March 16, 2010 at 12:02 pm

Pea green with envy of your trip here. I love quirky things as well as antiques so it would be a win win for me to visit there.

Di
8O

Mental P Mama March 16, 2010 at 1:42 pm

LOL…Looks more like Ripley’s;) :woot:

Tori Lennox March 16, 2010 at 2:54 pm

Wow! I want to go there!!! It’s too bad that pink elephant isn’t wearing eyeglasses, though. I guess the pink elephant (with eyeglasses) I used to see on our way to Poplar Bluff was a distant relative. *g*

I love all those giant fiberglass roadside thingies.

Jeanne Klaver March 16, 2010 at 6:00 pm

Ohhhh. This looks like so much fun!

Linda Grace August 14, 2010 at 3:35 am

I passed the pink elephant antique store on my way home (Metropolis, IL) from Springfield this week. We didn’t have time to stop but we would really like to have a similar elephant (even a little smaller elephant) for our entry in the yearly labor day parade. Can you offer any help?