Antique Mall Treasures

by Kay~Kacey on 3/17/2010

antique-mall-treasures-5992

Why, yes, it did involve milk glass, why do you ask?? :mrgreen:

Isn’t it beautiful?? It’s kind of a cross between a pie plate and a platter or a serving plate.

antique-mall-treasures-5994

It’s my favorite kind of milk glass, Fenton silver crest with the cute little wavy clear glass edges. :love:

antique-mall-treasures-6017

I was on the lookout for cute glass containers for flowers. Isn’t this one nice? I love the wavy, twisted glass at the throat of it. (yes, that water needs to be changed…)

antique-mall-treasures-6011

And this darling little pitcher thingie. I love the little spout on it and the cute circle handle.

antique-mall-treasures-5997

SuperGuy is getting pretty good at finding unusual glass containers for me to use for my flowers. He found this one!

I told you the Pink Elephant had cool stuff! Well, I think I should go bake some cookies to put on that milk glass plate, what do you think??

Treasia March 17, 2010 at 8:32 am

I love the treasures you’ve found but most especially the Milk Glass Fenton piece. I adore all Fenton.

Mental P Mama March 17, 2010 at 9:21 am

Wonderful finds! I’d like some nice shortbread on that plate. Thanks. :coffee2:

annbb March 17, 2010 at 1:14 pm

That milk glass pie plate/platter is a perfect for my milk glass cake stand. Wonder if mine is Fenton as well. It has an identical clear ruffled to your (only it doesn’t curve up) but the underneath of both the top and the stand are covered with bumps (hobnails?). What do you think O Queen of the Milk Glass?
Great finds!

annbb March 17, 2010 at 1:22 pm

OOPS! OK, I lied, mine is solid milk glass without the clear rim. DARN! That would have been so beautiful!

Tracey of These Nine Acres March 17, 2010 at 2:23 pm

Very pretty. I just picked up some milk glass of my own the other day! Love that stuff. Pretty glass containers too ;0)

Kacey March 19, 2010 at 1:09 pm

Annie, I’m not sure on the hobnail piece. I think I only have one or two hobnail pieces, and I’m not sure they are Fenton. But if I love a piece, and it’s not outrageously priced, I usually buy it.