Voyage of Discovery

by Kay~Kacey on 3/20/2010

blue-hydrangeas-4661

The real voyage of discovery consists of not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes. ~Marcel Proust

I find that as I get older, I do discover more things, try more things, learn more things. Maybe it’s because I’m not so busy raising kids. Maybe I’ve mellowed as I got older. It just seems like I notice more about the world around me. The tiny details. The simple things. I find myself reveling in the most minute details.

Is your outlook on life changing as you age? Do you find yourself with new eyes? (well, aside from needing the reading glasses!)

annbb March 20, 2010 at 8:50 am

I do believe I must have at least 20 pairs of glasses scattered through my world (sigh).
I’ve been in some kind of a rut these past few months so my outlook has been more of a brick wall of late. BUT that will change because I say it must :!:

Kacey March 20, 2010 at 9:56 am

You go, Annie. Attitude is everything! :believe:

Treasia March 20, 2010 at 10:42 am

Kacey you hit the nail on the head about this. Yes, in the last few years I find myself seeing the world around me in a whole new light. Everything around me I notice much more. The simple things are what makes me happy now. The singing of birds on a sunshine filled morning. Blooming buds bursting forth in spring color. The last few rays of sunlight in the evening. Aww it’s all so much better now.

Di March 20, 2010 at 3:08 pm

Absolutely true. I think part of it is I just can’t do anything as fast as I used to and not as many distractions either…. so the little things get noticed more.
:woot:

mrs mediocrity March 21, 2010 at 11:12 am

Yes, indeed, on all counts. I think it is, in part, because the older we get the more we realize how precious our time on earth is, how important it is not to waste a moment of it.
And, the reading glasses, they just bring it all into focus…

Kate March 22, 2010 at 4:42 pm

Is that what it is? Aging? I like to think that it’s because I have the time now, whereas before I was always running kids here and there while holding down a full-time job.
Life is sweet. Mostly.