Well at Least there are Some Changes

by Kay~Kacey on 3/24/2010

cardinal-in-snow-5394

There have been some changes. We’ve gone from the birds sitting on snow covered branches…

backyard-scenes-5981

…to birds sitting on rain covered branches.

backyard-scenes-5986

There is still a lot of dead looking, drab trees and scrub in the woods behind our house. (As an aside, because there usually is one…isn’t that little girl statue cute? That’s my “zen garden” corner of the yard. Under the redbud tree. Which isn’t blooming yet. Sigh. One can only dream and hang on.)

Are things greening up in your neck of the woods?

Di March 24, 2010 at 6:32 am

YES! Here in the southwestern corner of Virginia some of the trees are budding with green and the yellow forsythia and daffodils as well are in bloom. Lots of yellow going on!

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal
:woot:

susan arnold March 24, 2010 at 6:56 am

Actually, no. We got a good 3-4 inches of snow last night, with more expected today. But on the warm days when the snow melts, I can see green grass starting on the south side of the house!

annbb March 24, 2010 at 7:50 am

Slowly but surely. On the way to work this morning, I was thinking that if I took a photo of the woods you really wouldn’t be able to tell if it was spring or autumn. Soon, tho!

Mental P Mama March 24, 2010 at 8:04 am

Slowly but surely!

Shirley March 24, 2010 at 10:51 am

Here in NE Arkansas, my redbud is budding, and I have a plant that I can’t recall the name of has put out some new growth. I did have a yard full of purple flowers, buy my son mowed them and sprayed. It should start turning green soon.

Jeanne Klaver March 26, 2010 at 6:30 pm

Grass here is always green. It amazes me that when the snow melts, we have green grass! Pine trees stay green in the winter. Everything else is still sleeping except daffodils, which are just starting to peek through the dirt. Love your time-line!