The Little Lilac Bush that Could-Part 2

by Kay~Kacey on 3/29/2010

So, last year we had this nice discussion on whether my lilac bush would bloom…  well, it never did.

lilac-bush-6061

I have very high hopes again this year. Well, of course, I’ve had high hopes for like the last 6 years…ever since we moved this lilac bush due to a “chopping down tree incident” :mad2:

I talk to it. I give it love. I encourage it. I photograph the lilac bush!

lilac-bush-6077

Don’t you think it should finally, FINALLY bloom for me this year???

Di March 29, 2010 at 7:04 am

Maybe it needs a good dose of cow poo poo or sumpin’.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal
:dance:

annbb March 29, 2010 at 7:49 am

Those look like buds to me!

Mental P Mama March 29, 2010 at 8:09 am

I think you may be in luck!!!

Treasia March 29, 2010 at 9:52 am

It looks as if this might just be the year to bloom. Those look like buds to me. Good luck.

Kate March 29, 2010 at 9:34 pm

After the tree fell on ours last fall and split it in half, I didn’t think it would come back. It barely did but there are some blooms. Not many, though. I think I may have to invest in a new bush. Good luck with yours!

jacque ruch April 6, 2010 at 10:29 pm

I don’t think it looks like buds, I think it looks like leaves. Do you prune it? If so when? I might be telling you something you already know…that you can only prune right after bloom time, or you cut off the growth for next year’s bloom. Hope that helps. I pink puffy heart the smell of lilacs!

Lis April 15, 2013 at 12:46 pm

:believe: I’ve always wanted lilacs in my yard and we just moved into our new home last fall. Not knowing what flowers and types of trees are in the yard. Spring is here and full of surprises. I do believe we may have 3 lilac trees. I’m not 100% sure but i’ve viewed images on google and the buds on our trees look identical. Should know for sure in the upcoming weeks. Can hardly wait! I’m wondering if your has bloomed yet???

Lis April 15, 2013 at 12:46 pm

:believe: I’ve always wanted lilacs in my yard and we just moved into our new home last fall. Not knowing what flowers and types of trees are in the yard. Spring is here and full of surprises. I do believe we may have 3 lilac trees. I’m not 100% sure but i’ve viewed images on google and the buds on our trees look identical. Should know for sure in the upcoming weeks. Can hardly wait! I’m wondering if your lilac has bloomed yet???