Hit the Desk

by Kay~Kacey on 4/16/2010

Okay, I’ve been looking for a desk for over at The Love Nest for, um, a year and a half? Wobbled back and forth on what I wanted. Couldn’t decide. Try to convince SuperGuy to make me one. That didn’t work out. Kept looking. Finally found this one at Costco.

mac-desk-6495

Simple. Pull out keyboard drawer…which you can see, I’m not using. Has a black glass top…which my optical mouse won’t work on, so I have to put a folder under my mouse to get it to work. :mad2:

mac-desk-6501

Found this mesh chair at Staples. It’s cool (not as in neato, as in temperature-wise) and infinitely adjustable.Why is it so hard to find a comfortable desk chair?? Do you have one that you love?

So I’m not in love¬† with this setup but I like it. (Still holding out to talk SuperGuy into making me one out of mahogany. We’ll see.)¬† I do really love having a space to work in when I’m over at The Love Nest though. I was tired of dragging everything out to the dining table, and taking it all back away. Rinse and repeat. Maybe this means I’ll get more work done while I’m at The Love Nest. Maybe. :lol:

Nancy April 16, 2010 at 6:19 am

I’ve never been happy with my set up either! Does the mouse not work b/c it’s glass or b/c it’s see through? If it’s b/c it’s see through, could you tape a piece of black paper on the underside of the glass?

LauraP April 16, 2010 at 6:59 am

It’s pretty though. And yeah, I’m so with you on the challenge of finding a good desk chair.

Kacey April 16, 2010 at 7:23 am

Oh, Nancy! I’m going to try that!

Di April 16, 2010 at 7:43 am

I have an ‘okay’ desk but I need a larger one. I purchased a nice painted piece of decorative wood last year and asked Hubby if he would do the rest, the legs, etc. The painted piece is still waiting for him. *sighs* Sometimes I guess it’s just best to go buy a desk ready made.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal
:cursin:

Mental P Mama April 16, 2010 at 8:14 am

I love it! I love my new desk…I — um — borrowed it from my college student son;)

Kate April 16, 2010 at 2:11 pm

This desk and chair are both great. Love your finds!

superguy April 19, 2010 at 9:25 am

If pressed, I think that someone might admit that all three dimensions of the desk (height, depth, width) have not been decided and the table is waiting on those. Wood is sitting in the garage, saws are sharp, … I’m just saying…