Allium Splendor-2010

by Kay~Kacey on 4/22/2010

Ah, my allium have started to bloom again this year!

allium-6580So pretty. So delicate. So purple. (okay, really kind of lilac colored…but that is still purple!)

allium-6582Yes, I know they are part of the onion family. I don’t care. Maybe that’s why the deer leave them alone!

We keep saying we’re going to put out more of them, but forget to do it each year… :mad2: THIS year we’re going to remember!!

allium-6594We do have a batch of them just starting to bloom down in the woods. I’m sure I’ll have lots more photo ops with them! I heart purple flowers!

As an aside…are you looking for some new great textures? One photographer that I adore and admire, Annie Manning {Paint the Moon} has some great new textures available. Check them out!

Di April 22, 2010 at 6:49 am

I have some weeds/volunteers that pop up along my front walkway every summer. They look rather onion-ish and I adore photographing them each year. They don’t have a lovely lavender color as in your photo though. For me it’s many times about the shape and not the color at all when I photograph.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal
:o

Tori Lennox April 22, 2010 at 11:59 am

Those are really pretty!

Kacey April 22, 2010 at 1:26 pm

Thanks, Tori, they are pretty, aren’t they?

Di, yes, I’m an equal opportunity photographer, I photograph whatever catches my eye.

mrs mediocrity April 22, 2010 at 4:57 pm

I love alliums. If you don’t deadhead them, they will reseed all over the place for you…I have them everywhere now!

Misty Dawn April 23, 2010 at 3:23 pm

Ohhhhhhhhhh purple!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE purple! These are beautiful images – love the subtle colors.

Jeanne Klaver April 24, 2010 at 8:13 pm

These are lovely. So spring-like.

Kate April 25, 2010 at 7:51 am

Ok. I have to get some alliums. Love these. And thanks for the link to Paint the Moon. Her site is gorgeous! Love the textures, too.