Sometimes

by Kay~Kacey on 4/29/2010

hyacith-6599Sometimes when I’m all alone in the house…and there are no cell phones dinging with text messages. No video games raging in the background. No slamming front door. No clambering up and down the stairs. No boy noise at all…

It is all just so still and quiet.

Sometimes I miss it so deeply that it takes my breath away. I’m just sayin’.

Can I get a hug? Do any of you feel the same way sometimes?

Kate April 29, 2010 at 5:32 am

Every now and then I feel like that, but it’s different because we don’t live in that house anymore . . . the house that all the friends hung out in. So it’s different for me. And I work in a school where there’s always noise, children’s voices from the age of 5 to 18. And by the time I come home, I just want quiet. So it’s different for me, although I know exactly what you mean.
{{{{ hugs }}}}

KateS April 29, 2010 at 5:42 am

Didn’t I TELL you to replace them as they left like I did??? Did you Listen? No.
HOWEVER – one day, with five boys, you will be over run with grandkids. And they are the Best Thing Ever in the History of Things. :believe: Hang in there.
(Sigh – I confess to being so jealous of your peace and quiet….)

Mental P Mama April 29, 2010 at 6:17 am

Awwwwwww. {{{{{Kacey}}}}}

Di April 29, 2010 at 7:31 am

Peace and quiet ROCKS! Just the dull lull of a small airplane’s engine in the distance is pleasant to me.. Slamming doors, mmmm, not so much.

Di

annbb April 29, 2010 at 7:57 am

:( Sending warm thoughts and a hug or two your way!

Flea April 29, 2010 at 8:36 am

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Anna April 29, 2010 at 9:42 am

(((((Hugs))))) from one of your blog lurker’s…

Oh how I know that feeling. I was beside myself when my son finished college and moved away, but at least I had my husband here still banging around the place…

8 years ago, my husband died of a heart attack, and I still live in our home. The silence was deafening and beyond my comfort zone. And even though I have learned to live life on my own, there are days…that the deafening sounds of silence still haunt me.

Tori Lennox April 29, 2010 at 2:00 pm