Who Knew?

by Kay~Kacey on 5/7/2010

…that a wedding could cause so much hubbub in our backyard?? See, we offered to have the rehearsal dinner in our pretty backyard. The one that we just had a patio and a courtyard put in last summer. Well, that means the WE :coffee2: have a lot of work to do in the next 5 weeks… We had a truck load of mulch delivered and we spread it all over. We‘ve planted. A. Lot.

Now?

archway-6964

We are making archways for the entrance to the backyard and then another one from the courtyard to the walkway to the gazebo.  We’ve had a few problems. Lattice cut to the wrong size. Crooked boards. You know…the kind of stuff that drives you nuts. (Okay, I won’t even pretend I’m helping with this one…I wouldn’t know. I just offer unsolicited advice… :D )

archway-6983

We’re hoping to have this project finished by the end of the weekend. I’m not so sure…

(as an aside… I SWEAR I did not offer to have the rehearsal dinner in our backyard just to motivate SuperGuy to get all these chores finished instead of dragging them out over the whole summer…or two… :rofl: That would have been wrong. Very wrong. 8)

Anyway…I have the hardest part of getting ready for the wedding…I have to find a dress to wear to the wedding!!!! :help:

LauraP May 7, 2010 at 6:27 am

Everyone knows the dress shopping is a thousand times more harrowing than those little yard & garden chores.

Flea May 7, 2010 at 6:47 am

So what’s the deal with back yard dinners? Is it the cost of the whole wedding which freaks parents out? I Know so many people who’ve done this for/to their kids. Same thing happens – flurry and scurry to get the house and yard in shape and everything just so, people grouchy with each other in the end, kids glad to be moving out and getting married when all is said and done. ;) They’ve all been beautiful events, though. Y’all have fun! And look pretty!

Di May 7, 2010 at 7:26 am

Have fun looking for that perfect dress. I remember shopping for the dress I wore to my daughter’s wedding. Almost went off in the wrong direction, but a girlfriend pointed out one that was perfect and I went with her advice. Be sure to take a friend along. :useyourhead:

superguy May 7, 2010 at 8:25 am

And an estute eye might even note the kitty litter bucket for hauling tools into the back yard!

Kate May 7, 2010 at 9:21 am

The way you look, anything you put on will be beautiful on you. I just know it.

Mental P Mama May 7, 2010 at 9:34 am

LOL. Lord what fools we mortals be;) (Apologies to Will) :rofl:

Sue May 7, 2010 at 1:18 pm

HA! We are doing exactly the same thing here..except the garden is pretty much ready :-) Just need to plant the annuals. :woot:
OH..I lucked out on my dress delema…Son #1 just married a Fashion Designer..and she is MAKING me my dress for Son #2’s wedding!!! :dance:

Kacey May 7, 2010 at 3:16 pm

Sue, ohh! How cool you’re getting your dress made for you!! I just need to get up my nerve to go shopping…

annbb May 7, 2010 at 10:48 pm

Perfection will reign, and you WILL find dress perfection! I know it!