Pretty

by Kay~Kacey on 6/8/2010

Ah, the great backyard makeover!

backyard-makeover-7170

Things are coming along nicely! Nothing like a couple of big events in the backyard to motivate us to get it all prettied up! Oldest Texas Boy graduated from Texas Tech…and we’re having a big old graduation party for him Saturday. Then, of course, the Magnificent Rehearsal Dinner ™ next week.

backyard-makeover-7167

In the upper garden, I’m waiting until the last minute to finish cutting off the remains of the tulips and daffodils. They are pretty browned out by now. We have one more flat of petunias to put in here, then I think we’ll call it quits.

backyard-makeover-7112Pots of pretty variegated geraniums line the stone stairway.

backyard-makeover-7185

We got some more furniture for the courtyard area…but most of the time people just perch all along the walls.

backyard-makeover-7175

We got some comfortable wicker furniture for the gazebo. SuperGuy rescreened the gazebo and replaced the door. We got a new rug. (I think it’s cute, but it needs to be flattened out again!) The gazebo has a ceiling fan. So nice in the summer time. All this photo needs is me and an ice cold beer, don’t you think?

I’m getting pretty excited, can you tell?? :mrgreen:

Kate June 8, 2010 at 8:58 am

I would be excited, too. We never host parties and it’s one thing I miss. As a kid growing up, my parents house was always party central. So much fun. My husband is sort of a loner, so I have to go out to parties. Oh, the things I must do to keep myself entertained . . .

Your place looks great. I think you should have a mini blog convention in your backyard. I can think of a few folks who may want to join in!

Jolie June 8, 2010 at 9:55 am

JEALOUS of all your outdoor room. It’s beautiful!

LauraP June 8, 2010 at 9:55 am

It all looks so inviting. Love that gazebo.

Tori Lennox June 8, 2010 at 12:50 pm

Everything looks GORGEOUS!!!

Janice June 8, 2010 at 1:19 pm

Think of how peaceful and inviting your backyard will be when the June madness is over! I, of course, will invite myself over to share in your calm.

Michelle Willingham June 8, 2010 at 7:11 pm

Absolutely gorgeous, Kacey!

annmarie June 9, 2010 at 7:09 am

Kacey (and Superguy too) – your yard is SCRUMPCIOUS! I want to come sit in the gazebo in that wicker rocker curled up with a good book. Thanks for the pics. Keeping fingers & toes crossed for good weather!