Terribly Behind

by Kay~Kacey on 8/11/2010

I don’t know how I get so terribly behind myself… Had a fabulous time in Salt Lake City at the Nichole Van Workshop. Well, except for the fact that it was on a dry campus… :help: It was a $12 taxi ride into town…so that would make for a pretty expense beer, now wouldn’t it? Anyway, I learned a ton. Seriously. Best investment I’ve ever made into my photography. I’m going to do up a full review of the workshop on my photography blog as soon as I catch up with life. (oh, and I’m in the middle of overhauling my photography blog, so if it’s a mess, forgive me. Well, yes, that does feed into my terribly behind on life comment…but I digress…)

Here is my lovely friend, Janet Power.

nv-workshop-8037I know, doesn’t she just even look like she’d be a cool friend?

Then she took this fabulous photo of me. I just love this photo. Janet is a rockin’ photographer! If you live near Arroyo Grande, California and need photos, you should look her up!

nv-workshop-8056

Here are a couple I took from the workshop. I wish I would have had a wider angle lens for a few some of them!

nv-workshop-8104

This one would have been fantastic if the wind wouldn’t have blown the veil up into the white clouds so it kind of just gets lost. :mad2:

nv-workshop-8119

This girl was so cute! I love the dramatic lighting in this one.

nv-workshop-8122

This one cracked me up. I opened it to edit it…and noticed I got the bride model in the background. :crazy: I kind of like the juxtaposition of the bride versus the young girl though!

Okay, I’ve got to get my head back into the real world. Maybe. Or maybe I’ll just have myself another beer and recover just a bit more…

Kate August 11, 2010 at 5:59 am

That has to be my favorite photo of you, Kacey! I can’t believe how beautiful these photos are. Well, yes I can. Welcome home and glad you had such a good workshop. Looking forward to seeing more.

Mental P Mama August 11, 2010 at 8:25 am

These are gorgeous! I love the wind-blown veil! Gorgeous, I tell ya! :woot:

janet Power August 11, 2010 at 10:31 am

Kay , Love your photos. I had such a great time meeting you . Felt like we had been friends forever. When I first saw the picture of me on your blog I let out a big gasp of air. But I love i. Thanks again and when is our next meetup?

Kacey August 11, 2010 at 10:54 am

Janet! It was such a blast meeting you too! Had the best time. Well worth every penny! Would have been perfect if only they would have had a bar in the lobby… :mrgreen:

kathy August 11, 2010 at 11:02 am

Kay these are GORGEOUS!!! Seems like you ladies had a blast! So jealous!

Wendy August 12, 2010 at 3:33 pm

I love the wind-blown veil. It gives the feeling that the bride was just floated down to earth on the clouds!