Unexpected Gifts

by Kay~Kacey on 10/26/2010

Did you ever get an unexpected gift…for no reason?

pomar-junction-wine-8937My photography buddy, Janet Power sent me this wonderful bottle of Pomar Junction wine…just because. :love: I met her online a couple of years ago, and in person at photography workshop I went to this summer. We just kind of clicked. Don’t tell SuperGuy, but we’re plotting another meetup in San Antonio this winter at another photography conference. :dance:

pomar-junction-wine-8938

Isn’t the label on this wine great? Loved the wine. Even shared it with my sister and brother-in-law owners of the best wine shop in St. Louis Wines of Wildwood. They really liked it too.

Anyway, I really, really loved the wine, Janet! Thank you so much! Even better, the unexpectedness of it.

pomar-junction-wine-8942

Well, of course we finished it off! It was wonderful! Have you ever gotten an unexpected gift that just made you smile and was so you and made you know that someone really got you? :love:

Mental P Mama October 26, 2010 at 8:13 am

I love unexpected gifts! And wine is awesome;) :love:

superguy October 26, 2010 at 9:43 am

superguy October 26, 2010 at 9:44 am

even more remarkable was that we both really enjoyed it. I lean toward malbec and cab while she enjoys merlots and yet it was wonderful. I too thank you for the wine and the headsup on san antonio. :coffee2:

superguy October 26, 2010 at 9:45 am

sorry, slow conection made me submit twice

Dana Merrill October 26, 2010 at 11:47 am

Kacey: glad you both liked our wine!! Makes us feel good too!! That was made with the best 3 barrels of our 2006 estate Cab Sauv from our family vineyard in Templeton, CA in the Paso Robles Appellation. Our standard estate Cab Sauv was awarded a Gold medal at the San Diego International Wine Competition this year…and the Reserve is even more special!!

Come see us at Pomar Junction! check out our website or visit us on Facebook (Pomar Junction Vineyard and Winery or http://www.pomarjunction.com)

-Dana Merrill, Owner

Kate October 26, 2010 at 4:56 pm

Those are the best gifts. Such a nice surprise!

Janet Power October 27, 2010 at 1:21 am

Glad you both enjoyed the wine. Looks like he knows about our plan:) Kay I’m so glad I finally got to meet you. I hated saying goodbye to when we left the workshop. If you only lived closer we would be off shooting everyday..