Resolutions and Other Lies

by Kay~Kacey on 1/7/2011

Ah, yes. New Year’s resolutions. I really don’t like them. I write goals. I plan. But I don’t really buy into the whole resolution thing. That said…

Zumba resolution for the New Year

Have you Zumba’d? Tell me it’s fun. Tell me it’s an exercise that will keep my tiny as a gnat attention span when it comes to exercising. Or, lie to me if you’d like. That’s okay too! (notice the DVDs aren’t opened yet…)

Becky January 7, 2011 at 6:25 am

I got the same Zumba package back in November.
I’m still doing the Zumba thing 3 times a week.
I started with the Zumba basic to learn the steps then moved to the Zumba Live DVD. I’ve tried the others but it’s my favorite. I’ve been slowly working my stamina up and have added the Flat Abs DVD.
You’ll definitely be toning up those muscles AND sweating your tail off.
Some days I have to MAKE myself Zumba simply because I just can’t get motivated. But once I start I always have fun. My motivation is that it makes me feel better and I can feel my muscles tightening up. I’m thinking of adding 2 more days because on the days I don’t Zumba I don’t have as much energy.
So get your workout clothes on, open those DVD’s and get started!!
Does that sound like a commercial or what???? LOL

Kacey January 7, 2011 at 6:35 am

Becky! Thanks for the comments. I’m going to start this morning. Wish me luck!

Becky January 7, 2011 at 6:54 am

Good luck!!!

Kristy January 7, 2011 at 1:17 pm

Do it, do it! And then tell me what it’s like! :)

Kate January 7, 2011 at 4:11 pm

First, I’m in love with Becky’s answer.

Second, this is a wonderful post title. It truly is.

Becky January 8, 2011 at 12:07 am

Well….how did your first Zumba workout go?????

Kacey January 8, 2011 at 5:28 am

I was glad no one was watching me!! What a klutz! I’m sure it gets better?? I’m kind of sore today though!

Hannah January 8, 2011 at 10:41 pm

I love Zumba!!! I do it at the Y in a group. Not sure I’d get the same effect from a DVD. I go at least twice a week. Would go more often if they had classes at times that fit my schedule. I’m a klutz but after a few years of zumba I’m starting to feel like I know what I’m doing, but it doesn’t matter because I think it’s so much fun. And a very good workout!

Becky January 9, 2011 at 10:03 pm

I don’t do the Zumba with anyone around either! I’m a klutz, too. Not as bad as when I first started. It gets easier with time. I’m looking forward to the day when it comes as easy and I look as good as the top trainers in the DVD’s. :believe: (the sooner the better…LOL)